Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   South East (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-east-29/)
-   -   North Carolina (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-east-29/north-carolina-3152/)

Czechman 04-02-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137 (Post 371697)
i thought you were gettin a ss?

Geez, you guys are payin' attention. :eek:

I changed my mind... decided that I'm not fired up to deal with a high performance car and all their idiosyncrasies. If I need a visceral fix I'll just roll out in the Dakota V8. As much respect as I have for the HHR SS, nothing beats the sound of a V8 with pipes.

IMO, of course.

NY HHR 04-04-2009 05:19 PM

I am heading to Cary, NC next Friday, so there will be one more SS in town for a few days! :cool:

wraunch 04-15-2009 10:05 AM

Anyone in the Charlotte area? I had to get a new A/C condenser for my SS and I need to get the A/C charged? Where would you recommend I go other than the dealer?

ALLENG 04-19-2009 01:10 PM

AllenG

Hi I'm a new member just got an 08 SS Black, 5 speed, still trying to learn the car. I live in the Hendersonville area thats about 30 miles east of Asheville. All I can say is wow this car is fun, that is until you see the blue lights.

tedro 04-20-2009 02:17 PM

Hi, I was wondering if any body knows if you can tow an HHR on a car dolly or on a trailer??? I was told NO you can not buy a U-HAUL dealer.

wraunch 04-28-2009 09:45 AM

Anyone in NC know a place I can get the SS and chevy logos either painted to covered in vinyl?

kvnmontano 06-01-2009 05:23 PM

Hello all!
I live in Asheboro but I go to college in Charlotte...two places at all times :smile:

HHR_style 06-04-2009 10:20 AM

I'm here in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina.
Current mods: Airaid Cold Intake. Removed hub caps & installed black lug nuts. New 'Progress' rear sway-bar due this Friday.
Future mods: Exhaust system, lowering springs for the back, install rear seat. I'm thinking of installing the right rear door from a wagon so I can have the window on that side (no more blind spot). High perf. shocks (I might make these here at work). Sound system, Wheels. Rear view spot camera. Running boards. Mud flaps. Roof racks. Fog lights. Chrome accents.

Mrs_Dee 06-29-2009 09:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
From near Winston-Salem. Just adopted a red 08 1LS. Bone stock, for now =D.
New Toy:
Attachment 32957
And my toy that is now jealous:
Attachment 32958

GT Tire Man 06-29-2009 11:23 PM

Asheboro

Just south of Greensboro, home of the NC Zoo. Cappuccino Frost '07 Limited Edition, black chrome and all.

Mrs_Dee 06-29-2009 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by GT Tire Man (Post 393654)
Just south of Greensboro, home of the NC Zoo. Cappuccino Frost '07 Limited Edition, black chrome and all.

Saw one just like yours at the lot where I bought mine, just came in last week.....Very pretty, though I can't recall that it had the black chrome. Nice color though.

Mrs_Dee 06-29-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by MooseHead (Post 251094)
any action yet on a meet m greet yet for the Winston Salem and Greensboro area?

Why don't the triad folks just pick a place, like a cookout with a large enough nearby parking lot and raid it with HHR's one night? I'd say sonic, but their food sucks.

Razz2o4 07-05-2009 08:22 AM

Hey guys, Just moved to NC. I live in Havelock. My wife is in the Coast Guard and works out of Atlantic Beach

PatrickL 07-30-2009 12:37 PM

Balsam Grove, NC (In the mountains near Brevard/Hendersonville)

Black '09 LS 5-speed

Neogenic 08-07-2009 04:40 PM

Monroe, NC. Just joined today. Just bought the 2009 HHR SS Silver today. Anyone meet up or anything?

JediAce 08-19-2009 05:26 AM

Fort Mill, SC. '09 SS.

Neogenic 08-19-2009 06:44 AM

Cool. Good to have you here. I am trying to get guys together for photos this weekend at speedstyles in indian trail (where the super walmart is. Their grand reopening bash is this saturday, august 22nd from 11 to 4. They've done work for me for years and have done some things already to the brand new HHR SS. PM me if you're interested.

And congratulations.

HHR_style 08-19-2009 08:28 AM

Still on?

Originally Posted by Neogenic (Post 405783)
Cool. Good to have you here. I am trying to get guys together for photos this weekend at speedstyles in indian trail (where the super walmart is. Their grand reopening bash is this saturday, august 22nd from 11 to 4. They've done work for me for years and have done some things already to the brand new HHR SS. PM me if you're interested.

And congratulations.

Anything ever come of this GTG? I can drive down from H'ville.

Neogenic 08-19-2009 09:05 AM

I pm'd you. Its this satyrday. We're coordinating friday night...so get on the horn and lets roll deep and show the import guys what's up!

Neogenic 08-21-2009 07:34 AM

Again, NC/SC...

This Saturday it'd be great if we can get some boys together to do some HHR photos and meet up.

http://www.speedstyles.com/

Speedstyles Indian Trail, NC in the Wal-Mart super complex. 11am-4pm. Dr. Jeckyl is in. I am in. HHR Style is in and we've got a few more that could be coming.

Speedstyles is having a grand re-opening bash with music, radio shows, give-aways, cars, ladies, etc.

Hopefully we can meet some HHR owners/LNF owners out there.

wraunch 08-21-2009 11:57 AM

I'm down for it next time. I have to go to Raleigh this weekend unfortunately.

Neogenic 08-21-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by wraunch (Post 406313)
I'm down for it next time. I have to go to Raleigh this weekend unfortunately.

You can't make it early or late in the day. The speedstyles events are usually twice a year, but clearly we can schedule other things.

Neogenic 08-22-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Neogenic (Post 406275)
Again, NC/SC...

This Saturday it'd be great if we can get some boys together to do some HHR photos and meet up.

[url]

Speedstyles Indian Trail, NC in the Wal-Mart super complex. 11am-4pm. Dr. Jeckyl is in. I am in. HHR Style is in and we've got a few more that could be coming.

Speedstyles is having a grand re-opening bash with music, radio shows, give-aways, cars, ladies, etc.

Hopefully we can meet some HHR owners/LNF owners out there.

Well guys, it was awesome. Hhr style, Dr. Jeckyl, Dmarotta, and me (neogenic) were out there. Tons of video and pics coming. We also drove out to an old air strip for pics. We're working, with the help of Jeckyl's daughter, on setting up a carolina hhr club. Had a blast. Thanks for those that came out and more to come!

Dr_Jekyll 08-22-2009 09:07 PM

It was good to meet Neo and HHRStyle, as well as seeing DMarotta again. Unfortunately alot of the pics are blurry because my girl isn't very good with keeping the camera steady. But here's a few pics and I will get the videos posted probably tomorrow. We definately need to plan a trip up HHRStyle's way for another get-together, picture day.

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...lias=Dr_Jekyll

Unfortunately, I think you have to sign up to view the pics, but it is free.

DMarotta 08-22-2009 10:18 PM

Link is blank. I have an accout but dont see any pics.

Neogenic 08-23-2009 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by DMarotta (Post 406652)

I joined and its blank for me as well.

Anyway, it was great seeing you guys out there. And yes, heading out HHR style's way for the mountains for a nice getaway and some sweet pics would be awesome.

20 HHR's out front of the Biltmore Estate would be front page of this site, Chevy would put up, It'd be...posterworthy.

Maybe an HHR calendar...

:)

HillsdaleHHR 08-23-2009 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Neogenic (Post 406671)
HHR's out front of the Biltmore Estate

Some members did this a couple years back:

(pic courtesy Jesse)
https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...iltmore095.jpg

Dr_Jekyll 08-23-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by DMarotta (Post 406652)

I know, I'm a dumba**. Let's try it again.

http://hydeshipride.shutterfly.com/

HillsdaleHHR 08-23-2009 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dr_Jekyll (Post 406686)

Looked like fun :thumb::thumb:

Neogenic 08-23-2009 09:33 AM

Omg. That is so cool. Hillsdale. Is there thread for that? I would like to reorganize that and those same people may do it again. I was thinking headlights attt the camera originally but that is sweet.

Neogenic 08-23-2009 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Dr_Jekyll;406686]I know, I'm a dumba**. Let's try it again.

[url]

Those pics are great. Very cool. Hhr style is a photoshop guy, maybe he can do some flashy things with them. Thanks again guys for coming I enjoyed it and the pics. Everyone was both nice and cool...must be an HHR thing

HillsdaleHHR 08-23-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Neogenic (Post 406698)
Omg. That is so cool. Hillsdale. Is there thread for that? I would like to reorganize that and those same people may do it again. I was thinking headlights attt the camera originally but that is sweet.

You mean like this:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...iltmore086.jpg

Type Biltmore into the search function and it will bring up some threads.

Neogenic 08-23-2009 06:18 PM

Well Dang. I thought I had a truly awesome idea...and it seemed random enough for a location and make of vehicle...and...well...

I am both amazed and a bit dumbfounded...and jealous. Well dang. I will ook up the thread.

Maybe we could do the SS' in there. It looks like those are all standard HHRs. Anyway, thanks for pics and contribution. We'll have to do round 2 and maybe pick some other cool mountain backdrops.

HHR Style is from Asheville and was at the Speedstyles event. We planned on going up his way for pics next time. Of course, the Biltmore came to mind. I reinvented the wheel apparently!

HillsdaleHHR 08-23-2009 06:23 PM

Yeah, this event took place way before the SS entered the picture. I think they tried to do a repeat of it but don't know if it ever happened.

Neogenic 08-23-2009 06:28 PM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/hhrs-landmarks-6446/
This is a lankdmarks thread that's cool.
I saw the 24 page Gatlinburg trip thread. I have to get in on some of these trips. Very cool.

I believe this was an attempt at the Biltmore Bash 2:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...light=biltmore

I would surely love to do Biltmore/Asheville, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Gatlinburg, or whatever with the crew.

HHR_style 08-24-2009 09:27 AM

Nice to meet ya

Hey y'all. Great to meet you guys (& gals). The drive down was sweet! Wish I could've gotten there earlier. There wasn't enough time to talk. I felt a little like the odd man out because I dont have an SS :p: but you all made me feel welcome. I made a quick little video. My camera was broken so I didn't get any pictures:(. Me without a camera is like a fish without water. Luckily you guys uploaded some.
Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QOxyc74iPg
Looking forward to meeting again. Speedstyles looks like a good little customizing shop. And I've got plans:D
P.S. I thought I remembered seeing a picture of HHR's assembled on the lawn of the biltmore. Good stuff. We need to get "Biltmore 2" set up!

Neogenic 08-24-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by HHR_style (Post 406897)
Hey y'all. Great to meet you guys (& gals). The drive down was sweet! Wish I could've gotten there earlier. There wasn't enough time to talk. I felt a little like the odd man out because I dont have an SS :p: but you all made me feel welcome. I made a quick little video. My camera was broken so I didn't get any pictures:(. Me without a camera is like a fish without water. Luckily you guys uploaded some.
Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QOxyc74iPg
Looking forward to meeting again. Speedstyles looks like a good little customizing shop. And I've got plans:D
P.S. I thought I remembered seeing a picture of HHR's assembled on the lawn of the biltmore. Good stuff. We need to get "Biltmore 2" set up!

It was good seeing you too. And you don't need an SS badge to be SS minded. You've got the magnaflow, and your modding. Its all good. I can't check the video at work, but I will later. Biltmore 2 is a must! The fall foliage time is when we have to do this in Asheville...Biltmore and other scenic spots.

S_Gibson 08-26-2009 03:42 PM

Winston Salem mailing address.... I'm actually in Forsyth County Union Cross area just a stones throw from Walburg.

08 Orange 2LT, 2.4L

zippy 08-26-2009 03:47 PM

North Carolina

2006 Blue HHR LT
Fayetteville NC

Neogenic 08-27-2009 11:49 AM

We should get a carolina mailing list together and do quarterly meets...often they could revolve around things like speedstyles or car shows, or drag races or whatever...but also an annual trip with something like the Biltmore thing.

I might start another thread to do with this if there's interest.

I am working on a Carolina HHR's club idea already.