South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Colorado Members Check In Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 03:41 PM

Smile Colorado Members Check In Here

Hi...my name is Debbie and I live in the Denver Metro area. I am interested in getting together with other members in the area. Please post here so we can get something going. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:11 PM

Hi Deb!!!!!
Daniel here. I live up in Thornton. (104th & Colorado) We are twins. I have a SBO2M also and picked it up on the 2nd of Jan. just like you. Glad you also left the other site, that is where I first saw you post. You sent me an e-mail a long time ago & I replied but maybe it did'nt go thru or something. I keep seeing more of us around. Was downtown Sat. night and saw 3 in 20mins, & driving around town yesterday saw 3 more. Have spied a couple of more going back & forth to work, need to flag them down & get them to join us here. Hope to get together soon & cruise!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM

Hey Daniel...we're definitely going to have to get together. My boyfriend lives in Federal Heights which is close to where you live and work. I did get your email and accidently deleted it.

I have seen more HHR's as well...in fact someone that works at Advance Auto Parts on 104th by KMart has one too. I left info for them to contact me but nothing yet. Guess I'll have to go back up there and hunt them down.

Not sure if you know this or not, but Jim's Burger Haven in Thornton is having a cruise night the first part of June and maybe we can get together for that. Should be a great time...boyfriend bringing his 74 Olds Cutlass and I'm taking my HHR. We'll have to get exact date and time so we don't miss it.

I'm also going to work on getting some sort of flyer to take to the Denver Metro Chevy dealers for them to give to prospective and new HHR buyers. Hoping to get more Colorado people to join here on the site so we can put something together for a cruise or get together.

If memory serves me right, you are also a NASCAR fan. Not sure if you know it or not, but Kenny Wallace will be here next Monday for the grand opening of the Furniture Row at Park Meadows. Gonna head out there for that for sure. Gotta love Kenny and it would be great to meet him in person and hear that famous laugh of his in person.

Please feel free to PM me anytime or if you have MSN Instant Messenger you can add me to that as well.

Glad to see you here and look forward to meeting and talking to you sometime soon.

PS...check out my photo album...then next time you see an Orange HHR, you'll know whether it's me or not.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Hey, after talking with Deb I've been directed here. Looks good, just need some more people!
Was downtown Sat. night and saw 3 in 20mins, & driving around town yesterday saw 3 more. Have spied a couple of more going back & forth to work, need to flag them down & get them to join us here. Hope to get together soon & cruise!
That surprises me. I've only seen one on the road since delivery two weeks ago. And I second that crusing idea. Need to get some more of us, maybe do a Sonic-type meet with some hot rodders.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Actually, I've seen four today on I-70 just from standing out front at work. One of which looked like it had a black SoCal HHR decal on the windshield. Definitely more of a market out there.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:06 PM

Seeing more and more every day here. Went to AutoZone on 102nd & Washington and a lady that works there has an orange one as well. Gave her site info and she says she'll check us out when she gets her internet hooked up (she just moved).

Guess I'll have to find out from Mike if he can hook us up with the black one with his decal on it.

I posted a thread with a flyer on it but gonna do it in Microsoft Word and maybe have it changed to a PDF. Bryce...I'm having problems with my printer...you think you could print it out and save a copy for me. I can run by the dealership next week if that's ok.

BTW...check out the Picture & Media forum...I added some new pics there showing my new wheels and a couple other little things I did.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:59 PM

Yeah, definitely stop by. I should be able to print those off for you. I'll have to go check out those pics in a min- just browsing through real quick.

I ended up getting the shorty antenna and replacement door lock knobs from SoCal. Definitely worth it. Oh, and, I'm trying to keep my excitement down just because I hate getting my hopes up. BUT, I'm getting a full sponsorship for my HHR. I've been in touch with a project coordinator from 'Pimp Your Ride' and they are trying to set me up for H.I.N. to show off some local companies' work (painting, interior, stereo...) Once it's all finalized I'll post a big, gloating topic in one of the main forums. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 07-11-2006, 05:04 PM

(Is this a Bump? )

Howdy, folks. My wife, Bobbi, and I live in Windsor. I'm retired, but she has to keep working to support me in the manner to which I've become accustomed. We were born in Illinois, married there in 1969, and moved to Oregon in 1970. In 1997 we moved to Colorado. Our daughter is still in Oregon, our son lives in Fort Collins. I do some woodworking - mostly I turn very expensive exotic wood into very expensive kindling and/or sawdust. Sometimes I smear paint around - watercolor, acrylic, and oil (emphasis on "smear"). I'm also a licensed pilot, Private SEL, and though I haven't flown in many years, my interest in aviation is still strong. I'd love to see an HHR club started in Northern Colorado. I might even volunteer for some of the legwork, if I knew how to get the ball rolling.

Don
Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 PM

to our little corner of the forum. You're going to love this group and all the great people.

Nice to meet you and your wife Bobbi. So you're retired and have lots of time on your hands? Well...we can fix that my friend.

As I mentioned in the other thread where you introduced youself, we can start by getting flyers out to spread the word. I gave Bryce some when I met him and he's using them at the dealership. I was going to drive to all the Chevrolet dealers in town and hand them out, but that's a pretty tall order, so I think I'll mail some to each dealer Sales Manager and ask them to provide them to new and prospective owners of the HHR. I've emailed you a copy in .doc form and would be happy to provide them to anyone else on the forum as well.

Glad to have you aboard and look forward to meeting you in person and talking about our mutual interest in the HHR.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to our little corner of the forum. You're going to love this group and all the great people.

Nice to meet you and your wife Bobbi. So you're retired and have lots of time on your hands? Well...we can fix that my friend.
No, no, NO. My wife says I don't have enough to do.

As I mentioned in the other thread where you introduced youself, we can start by getting flyers out to spread the word. I gave Bryce some when I met him and he's using them at the dealership. I was going to drive to all the Chevrolet dealers in town and hand them out, but that's a pretty tall order, so I think I'll mail some to each dealer Sales Manager and ask them to provide them to new and prospective owners of the HHR. I've emailed you a copy in .doc form and would be happy to provide them to anyone else on the forum as well.
Got the email, thanks. 't would seem you're onto something re visiting Chevy dealers. Might find one willing to sponsor a meet, even.

Glad to have you aboard and look forward to meeting you in person and talking about our mutual interest in the HHR.
Lots of micro-breweries in these parts.

Quick Reply: Colorado Members Check In Here