South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Deb/CJ Get Together

Old 06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Are you going to come to NYC next to visit me and Captain Howdy?
Lets see. NY and CH.

Dont think so. i am not a fan of NY at all cept for Lake George
Old 06-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Deceased

I forgot to say but there was a PT cruiser there and we should have parked on both sides of it and made a PT loser sammich
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
I forgot to say but there was a PT cruiser there and we should have parked on both sides of it and made a PT loser sammich
That was so funny...cracked up everyone at the table. We were really bummed when we looked out the window and it was gone. That would have made for a very cool photo opportunity.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 PM

More fun today with the Krause family. On Sunday when we were together, I forgot to tell CJ that I had an extra HHR Road Ripper that I had picked up. Caught him in PM & IM and he's been looking for one, so I told him I would bring it down to their hotel Monday and leave it with his wife since he was going to be at a convention.

His wife and daughter were planning on going shopping and were going to take a cab...so I told her I didn't have any plans for the day, so I would be happy to take them around wherever they needed to go...and they happily agreed. What better way to travel the city than in an HHR.

So I got down there about 10:30am and his wife, daughter and I began what was an all day venture. We went to breakfast at Perkins and then headed to the mall and wandered around there from shop to shop for a bit. We then decided we were going to go to the movies there and went and saw Cars...what a great flick. Then we did more shopping in the mall...then went on to Target to pick up some more stuff and then back to the hotel. When CJ got home from his meeting, we went to dinner at the Black Eyed Pea and had a wonderful meal.

We arrived back at the hotel around 8pm and the girls went upstairs while CJ showed me the audio stuff under the cargo area. What a nice setup that is...sounds great and still allows him to keep his spare tire.

So then, we were ready to head upstairs and there was a guy who stopped us and was wondering if there was a convention in town for our cars. Now mind you there was his and mine, but earlier in the day there was another Daytona Blue parked there as well. We explained how the two of us got together and the guy was so amazed how cool our cars were and we talked for quite some time telling him all about how cool the cars are and all the other stuff we HHR owners tell people when they see the cars.

Went back upstairs to say goodbye to the girls and headed for home. Finally arrived at my boyfriends about 9:15pm after a great day of fun. If you ever get a chance to meet CJ and his lovely family, be sure to take advantage of it. We had a great time the last 2 days and it's something I will always remember.

CJ...I just might take you guys up on your offer to show me around Texas if I get down there.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Founding Member

what, no Road Ripper races?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
what, no Road Ripper races?
Yeah, - I was waiting for that one too!

I have no doubts CJ and family are a barrel of fun, having spoken to him several times on the phone - I feel like he's part of my family!

And in a way, he is...
Old 06-27-2006, 12:50 AM

hey mike, after the grand canyon run any chance of another "solvang" type meet? I think my ride is ready for the public now.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:05 AM

I'm sure we will have another big meet once it cools down...get ready!

Search this Thread