South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Looking in AZ for...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Looking in AZ for...

Ok guys/gals. I know most if not all of ya in Phx and SSmike here in Tucson all have the 2.4 engine. Steve the Cobalt tuner guy in phoenix is looking to get his hands on a 2.4 HHR and tune it. He doesn't have the money to get licensing so cannot GIVE a tune away. Not 100% positive on pricing but he said the credits to unlock the 2006 2.4 would be in the neighborhood of $400. He has not tuned an HHR before but so far with the 2.4 Cobalt he has changed the way the trans shifts and adjusted the timing and fuel enrichment for the engine. The results are AMAZING! He can do this in the vehicle with you and adjust things to your liking. The only reason I would suggest his tune compared to others like Wester's or Tune Tyme is that he can personalize YOUR tune to YOUR engine IN PERSON. Not sure if this is too rich for some's blood but this is about the price of other tunes on the 'net. Once he has access and has tuned a couple HHR's he can expand and put himself up as a vendor and be able to help out the HHR community as he has the Cobalt Community. If anything goes "wrong" with the tune he is more than mappy to help with adjusting and IF you do future mods (CGS, IMCO, Fuel injectors) he can also retune for those but at a GREATLY reduced price. Nothing like some other places and since he LIVES in Phoenix he can pretty much tune for you whenever you do ANYTHING to the vehicle. It also reads check engine codes and can clear them as well. Just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone was interested.... Thanks guys/gals!