South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Tracy Miner Poker and Toy Run

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 PM

Tracy Miner Poker and Toy Run

Anyone interested in a poker run? The annual Poker and Toy run for a friend of mine is coming up on Saturday, November 18th. It is a great day trip to see the back road of Arizona, and a great way to help out under privelaged kids. Anyone interested can see the web site set up for Tracy at http://www.tmbikerun.com/index.html. I think it would be fun to out number the bikes with HHR's!!! We can all meet at a local spot and roll in together! Let me know if you are interested!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:21 PM

Hopefully I have a ride and I will join
Old 08-24-2006, 10:41 PM

You have a couple of months, I'm sure you will have your wheels back or have that shiny new one... one of the two. I know it is a couple of months away, figured I would post it now so that everyone who is interested can plan ahead. One of the stops in Kirkland is an old Saloon that is great for photos! Hope you can join us!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM

You should talk to the dealership where you got your HHR from and see if they want to sponser.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:46 PM

Not a bad idea. I'll have to check with his family and get all the info from them!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:04 AM

Count me in as well. Sounds like a good time and a good cause. So what is it exactly? I am no good at poker!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
Count me in as well. Sounds like a good time and a good cause. So what is it exactly? I am no good at poker!

I think they have check points and pass out a card and the best hand at the end wins. Not sure only a guess
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
dbarberaz has it right. You get a card at each stop. Everyone usually hangs out for a bit at each stop and gets to know one another. The Kirkland stop is my favorite, it's an old saloon, usually go in read about the history and have a cold soda before heading to the next stop. I'm like you...don't know much about poker.. but I get my cards anyways! It's a really good cause, the faimly has done a lot to help the local kids. The toys go to underprivelaged kids for the holidays, they have purchase things like canoes for boy scout troops with the money raised. Tracy was like a brother to my baby brother.. his life was cut way too short. It's a really great time to travel the back roads and have fun! Usually a great lunch/dinner with live band after the ride, really great time for all! Hope to see you there!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Retro
Will you be taking the kids with you? And will it be Mr and Mrs Reto making the trip?
I got one of the new remote control HHR's to donate, also.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Retro
Will you be taking the kids with you? And will it be Mr and Mrs Reto making the trip?
I got one of the new remote control HHR's to donate, also.

It is a family event.. may just be me and the boys. Mr may be working. I can never leave on a trip in the HHR without my oldest.. he tells everyone it is his!...My name may be on the title.. but his name is on the plates... Bring the family with you!

Quick Reply: Tracy Miner Poker and Toy Run