South Pacific CA, NV, HI

BIG G2G-Show/Shine and night at Irwindale Raceway

Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM

BIG G2G-Show/Shine and night at Irwindale Raceway

MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR A VERY HUGH DAY OF SHOW AND SHINE AND THEN A NIGHT AT THE FAMOUS IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY. We can only have 30 official participants but ya all are welcome to share the day. So let me know early so you don't get left out for the freebees. I will post all the info in a few days. But things like driving on the race track will be part of the day and night. Contact Bud Hil @ rbudhill@comcast.net and leave your name, address, city etc. so I can send you an invitation and all the info.
THE DATE IS JULY 21, 2007
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Got it up HERE on our site's "Events" page Bud; - keep me updated as more info comes in....
Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM

The SSRfanatics have done this for the past two years - what a BLAST!

The track driving is limited to a 'paced' lap (lap of Honor) - but it is a big thrill to be ON the track....

Looks like the SSR-Club gets the 4th of July weekend again this year!

We had 50 SSR's each year! And as a group we hired a firm to video the event!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DVD-of-the-SSR-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 PM

Sounds like a great event. Look forward to hearing more about it. Who know...maybe "Smoke" and I could drive out. One never knows.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 PM

confused, is this another Solvang run?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:22 PM

That was for last years.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:02 AM

I wish we could get 50 HHRs. My connection at the track told me it was limited to a max of 30. I am working on registration forms, costs for prizes, etc, etc, etc. There will be NO LOSERS at this event. EVERY ONE OF THE 30 will receive more in prizes etc., than the registration fee. I have been wanting to do this for over a year and am really looking forward to meeting many new HHR friends. More information will be listed at SoCalHHRs.com and Modesto HHR club. com web sites. Any sugestions just let them flow. I'm already thinking about bigger and better for next year. WO lets complete this one first.
Do you think a CD of the day would be a good idea. How much would it cost, I don't want to make the price so high no one wants to come. All the registration money will be spent on the event and if any is left over is will go to a charity or the safty crew there at the track. Also don't be surprised if Jay Leno or some other famous hot rodder shows up at the book store. You never know who will stop by.

This has NOTHING TO DO with any other event. This is a new one, hopefully it will not compeat with any others.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 AM

This event is:
Inaugural
D e j a V o u s R e n d e v o u s
with
Harvey
&
30 of his
stock, mild & wild HHR friends
July 21, 2007

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 PM

DejaVous Rendevous with Harvey JULY 21, 2007
YOU CAN NOW GET YOUR COPY OF THE Agenda and Registration FORMS AT:
WWW.ModestoHHRClub.com
The sooner I get the registrations & money, the sooner I can start filling the spots and getting the prizes and surprizes.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 01-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1HotHHR
I wish we could get 50 HHRs. Do you think a CD of the day would be a good idea. How much would it cost, I don't want to make the price so high no one wants to come.
You never know who will stop by.

This has NOTHING TO DO with any other event. This is a new one, hopefully it will not compeat with any others.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
The firm I contracted with for the SSR DVD charged $2000 - 2 camera guys - for all day. The final DVD wasn't as polished as I had hoped - but we did get some good stuff. The SSR group met at a local Chevy dealership for a SSR Car Show - and the dealership even provided lunch!

At $2000 - all 50 attendees gladly paid $40 each for the DVD...

The first year the SSR's went - Jesse James from Monster Garage was competing in the figure 8 race...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BIG G2G-Show/Shine and night at Irwindale Raceway