South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Boyd Coddington Car Show Sept 8th

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:24 PM

I just wanted to bump this one more time and see if we can get a head count for meeting at Walmart. If you want to meet up and cruise in raise your hand, or hit your enter key.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM

I'm going to have to bow out on this - so sorry. Just a few hours ago, I thought we could make it, but building/staining 92 feet of fence before the Cruise for a Cure is taking a LOT longer than I thought. I'm exhausted, and hubby can't work very long after work before it starts to get dark.

We had a reality check tonight and decided to forego all car activities this weekend and git'er done!!

This is the last surgery we are going to have to do on these dogs for CHAIN LINK injuries!!!

Last edited by mitzkity; 09-06-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: had to!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Uma

I will try my hardest to be there at 8:15 at Walmart, My car will not be show ready, But I will help with yours. See you there if all goes well, Todd (Uma)
Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 AM

I wonder where Rick is?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Sorry to hear you can't make it Cheri, We all have to deal with our priorities in life. The good news is the Cruise for a cure is only 2 weeks away! I still hope to see Rick and Todd and maybe even Hot Rod Bob. We will do our best to represent. I will try and get some good pic's to share.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Uma

I should be there, will have to leave early, but oh well, the door panel thing... I will show you tomarrow. There is a small clip in the the top of the interior door panel that is not in place...you need to pry it up a little and you will see the problem, they probably took it off when you did paint, if not, it is a easy fix, takes a little time to go back to normal though, can't wait to see the panel!! Todd (Uma)
Old 09-07-2007, 11:00 PM

I will be there I have been out of town for the last 2 weeks but i will be at Wal-Mart
Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 AM

You folks have fun tomorrow, think of us working ourselves silly! At least the heat wave is over for now.

I am staining boards madly and hubby got all 8 posts in this week. Still so much to do before the Cruise!! Being gone all day, I do NOT want to come home to another injured dog... GGGgrrrrrr!!!!

While I'm think of it, does anyone want me to make a placard for their car for that day?? Here's mine (which hubby has some new tricks to try on it), and if you send me photos and wording, I can set it up and print a nice glossy 8.5x11 card stock photo for you.

Apologies, it takes a while to load, as it's a pdf file...

http://www.mitzkity.com/images/submi...ity-plaque.pdf
Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Okay, I missed this one, and no photos???? Don't leave me hanging, okay?? If you do, I'll have to post photos of what WE did all day, staining fence boards and putting up the framing...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 AM

It was a great day at Boyds shop. Rick, Todd and I rolled in to check out the show and we wound up in the show with prime spots too. Unfortunately we couldn't get 3 spots together but Todd was only a few spots away. I had a great time hanging out with Todd and Rick talking and checking out the show. There were many of the team from American Hot Rod present and I even got to meet Diane, Boyd's ex. She is a nice lady and was a pleasure to meet. Duane was Duane! The show was more Hot Rod than HHR but we definately represented our cause

Michael Anthony (former drummer from Van Halen) was present also, I wanted to get him next to my panel for a pic but I don't think he stayed long.

To me the best part was hanging with Rick and Todd, These 2 guys are cool and we have the car gene in common for sure.

If you missed it this year there is always next year!

Walmart meet up:

Parked at the entrance:

Todd's spot:

Parking lot:

Front of shop:

Projects under construction:

Boyd himself:

Duane being Duane:

Last edited by TkHHR; 09-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Boyd Coddington Car Show Sept 8th