South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Change of Plans for NorCal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 PM

Cool Change of Plans for NorCal???

Looks like there is more interest and comments and reads for the run in Sept for San Simeon to Monterey and back than for the Aug Monterey Run.

I don't mind deferring this run, (the Monterey Run in Aug) to that run in Sept. Looks as if some would prefer that one, anyway.

I leave tomorrow Tues 7/18 for about 6 days, so I'll read the replies when I get back. I don't want a conflict with that run or compete with it. I have received a few emails saying a few are planning to come to the Aug Run, but that's it.

The good thing is we can cancel early so anyone who took time off and change it most likely, as we are 6 weeks away from the Aug Run and 8 weeks away form the Sept Run. Should be easy for most of our jobs.

Leave a note. I know we can't please everyone, but to me it doesn't make sense to have 2 poorly attended runs because of the close dates of the runs. It would be better to have the later run.
Your thoughts?

Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Founding Member

I'm sure you'll let us know the final on this one. I can always "unrequest' my time off submitted for this run and rerequest it for the Sept run.
Keep us posted.

Last edited by SindyDix; 07-18-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:53 PM

I was actually planning on attending each run, i am disappointed that this one has been canceled. i think it would be cool to have somewhat back 2 back runs. Well let me know.............keep me informed on any new developments!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 PM

I vote to merge the runs and have it for sept.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:07 PM

I wonder if there are people who couldn't make on of the runs but would be able to attend the other. I know when I was going to cancel the Sept one there were several people who wanted to come because they wouldn't be able to make the other one.

I agree that the two runs should never compete. I noted that in my very first post and said that I would pursue it only if it didn't step on toes. Maybe there will be some folks who may not be able to or want to do the entire Coast Run who might just come meet for lunch on that day.

I'd say don't cancel it yet and get some feedback for a few days. From what I am seeing, HHR owners love to drive and will show up if there is a run.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 PM

Cool Sorry

Looks as if only 2-3 are planning to attend this run. 2 of the 3 are planning to do both, so I feel we should just let it go and attend the Sept. Only one wasn't able to attend the Sept Run, so maybe Oct-Nov we'll do the Modesto American Grafitti Thingie.

Sorry to cause any losses or problems. I think some others maybe ought to do the plans in the future.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Don't feel bad raig - scheduling & logistics are always the hard part of these runs. Better luck next time!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Founding Member

Thanks for the update Craig! I'll make my reservations this evening for the Sept run!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:03 PM

Hey Booksitty, I'm a new member and i live in Turlock. If you decide to have a run to Modesto, or some where in the area i would love to attend. I have been waiting since May for my HHR and just got word today that it has just arrived! I'm very excited! I should be able to pick it up anytime.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:22 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Ososassy
Hey Booksitty, I'm a new member and i live in Turlock. If you decide to have a run to Modesto, or some where in the area i would love to attend. I have been waiting since May for my HHR and just got word today that it has just arrived! I'm very excited! I should be able to pick it up anytime.
Just went through Turlock Friday on my way back from LA-- Glad your car came in.

Just keep an eye open. Although I think someone else ought to plan the next one, as there was a conflict with someone else planning a run to the same area 2 weeks after the Aug run. So we canceled ours.

Maybe there will be some interest in an Oct to Modesto... Who can say?!

Quick Reply: Change of Plans for NorCal???