South Pacific CA, NV, HI

I want to go to this, anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM

I want to go to this, anyone else?

http://www.petersen.org/default.cfm?docid=1001

Peterson Museum is opening a new display, actually 2, SUPERCARS and SCOOTERS. I also notice you get a free Museum ticket if you eat first at the Johnny Rockets there and spend $20. I am having Peterson withdrawal pangs. But I know lots of people have been there several times. If there's no interest, I may just take my grandkids sometime this summer.

Also, July 9th there's this car show for people who own scooters and/or supercars. - - - the show is free, of course (see below)

SCOOTERS AND SUPERCARS DAY
Saturday, July 9, 2011
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. 3rd Level Petersen Parking Structure
In conjunction with its summer feature exhibitions "Supercars: When Too Much Is Almost Enough" (3/5/11-10/16/11) and "Scooters" (6/18/11-2/5/12), the Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting Scooters and Supercars Day.

The highlight of Scooters and Supercars Day will be the public super car and scooter show. Only at the Petersen will you see vehicles by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Vespa, and Honda all proudly parked next to one another!

Guest of Honor Steve Saleen will speak about his racing and manufacturing endeavors and technical how-to sessions with Griot's Garage car care products throughout the day will have you polishing your vehicle of choice like never before.

We'd have fun there, and it's air-conditioned inside --- and it is JULY!

Last edited by mitzkity; 03-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM

The Peterson is aneat place. Finally went there in 2008.
Coincidently, I saw my first HHR woodie in their parking structure.....

And this was way before I even thought of owning an HHR......
Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Uma

I love the peterson's!! count me in!1 Todd (Uma)
Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Hey Krash - I think we met PT Bob back when he was first developing that body-side molding kit. It's pretty cool, and I actually never saw it made up on one of his cars. I prefer mine, but still, it must have been an amazing sight.

People still freak when they see my car - I think it brings back retro memories to so many. Taking my g'kids to pick up their mom at the airport today, someone actually pulled up beside me, and the lady was motioning for me to slow down on my exit ramp --- going "wait wait...what kind of car is that???" I told her and she yelled, "We haven't heard of that one!" The kids and I were dying laughing, and thank goodness there was no one behind me.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 AM

I'd like to go too! Don't have my schedule yet, but count me in at this point.