South Pacific CA, NV, HI

I'm taking bets

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Don't listen to them geg. You go after it man. What a dream. What a story you could tell to your mates and grandchildren back in Russia. Cross the entire United States of America. I envy your ambition.
Thank you, friend.
This is a great opportunity to see America with my own eyes.
And to know these people really. Not from the news or idiotic movies.
During the time when I talk to you guys, I learned a lot. I will continue.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:51 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
geg..... you should try to get an auto-enthusiast TV show interested in this journey, could be right up their alley (meaning they might like the idea) They might smooth out the rough spots in acquiring an HHR for a cross country road trip.... you would of course have to deal with being filmed all the way across the country...... Never know.
it would be cool.
Unfortunately, I do not know where I begin. How to appeal to a variety of television shows? I do not even know their names.
Whether it will be interesting for them? Whether it's commercial prospects?
How often does this happen in America?
"Hey, I am a Russian guy, I'm going to landing in Los Angeles, get a car and rush to the east. I do not know how professional photography, I can not speak English, I do not know U.S. laws. But if you give me a car, a video camera and the pill from a hangover - I'll show you your own country in such a way that you describe. "
If American television, this is acceptable - I am very happy and use this as much as possible.
In any case - great idea. Thanks for the advice.
PS
Where to write?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 AM
geg

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Geg, the way you described the trip, driving - no rush, stylish car, (good stereo), able to save $$ sleeping in car, seeing America coast to coast...that sure makes me change my mind. When I realize what you have endured then I see how much I complain for no reason. Yes, it's civilized...and it's an opportunity you should GO FOR!!!!

I think you could do it and then get rich writing a book about it. Be sure to put the forum posts in the back of the book!!! We want to see our names.

Maybe you could buy a used HHR and leave it at the home of another chevyhhr.net member to sell for you...and send you the money. (Maybe I'm nuts).
Write a book ...
It is unlikely that I will. In the best case - a small amateur film.
In any case - the beginning of travel TOM FARMS CRUISE. That means - forum and your names will be on the photographs and film. But apart from them - your smiling faces and your fancy cars. It does not matter what no payment.
I'm doing an adventure for my pleasure and making new friends. If I make and sell the movie or find a sponsor - well. If I do not get - nothing. I will not even make a lot of effort.

I'm afraid I misled you. You might think that I have traveled to Siberia, and has experienced adversity. It is not. To get me to the east - verdict. But everything I wrote - the truth. My friends often ferrying Japanese cars on the route Vladivostok - Novosibirsk. Another friend of mine - a truck driver. The old man, traveled the whole of Siberia. He worked in the logging and oil wells.
I also traveled to Russia. 150 - 200 miles, very often. Tyumen, Chelyabinsk, Perm. 2 years ago I went to Moscow (1250 miles), Black Sea (1800 miles). I saw the terrible storm, when I can not see the road and the wheels are digging snow to grab the asphalt. On the way to Ufa in 2001, I suffered from thirst, 11 long hours (beginner, there is no supply of water). But this is peanuts compared to that experienced by my friends.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:49 PM

Well, GEG, in the U.S., you should not have to worry about poor road and weather conditions so much. Travelling in the Southwest ( California desert, Arizona, New Mexico and into Texas..) it will be HOT, but modern vehicles here can take the temperature with no problems, unless severely overloaded. There are plenty of road-side rest stops and restaurants all along the highways. Gas is also easily available as well.

One suggestion - get a portable GPS unit. These usually have additional features like where the nearest gas or food is.......
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Toms Farm and trip to the U>S>A,

Why not rent a motor home that has all the comforts of home and enjoy what this country has to offer and see some of the National Parks as you drive across this beautiful country, beat wishes, Jay Loukakis
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Yeah, my car says, "who cares" to the Arizona heatwaves...always stays cool and calm in 107+ degrees. And my Chevy A/C beats Dorian's Dodge A/C hands down.

Geg, most of us never get to see our own country and we would all probably love to be able to convoy with you and see it ourselves. I know I envy you. I hope you can make it happen. In the old days, my Dad saw America by hopping freight trains from Illinois to California...now you only see it on TV. Of course he was also born in a covered Wagon, so you KNOW that was a long time ago - and no, he wasn't surrounded by cowboys and Indians ... it was just a big, very poor family who was moving from Tennessee to Texas.

You are a funny guy. I hope we get to meet.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 AM
geg

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
Why not rent a motor home that has all the comforts of home and enjoy what this country has to offer and see some of the National Parks as you drive across this beautiful country, beat wishes, Jay Loukakis
motor home - a dream all my life.
I saw the American motor homes - some of them real palaces.
It is possible not only to live. It can be shamelessly enjoying life.
It's like the ocean yacht - but on wheels.
Unfortunately, I'm not rich. I - a simple Russian guy, in Russia we do not earn much and we do not like accumulation.
Even a small house on wheels - it's expensive. I think - rental motor home more than Rental HHR.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM
geg

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Yeah, my car says, "who cares" to the Arizona heatwaves...always stays cool and calm in 107+ degrees. And my Chevy A/C beats Dorian's Dodge A/C hands down.

Geg, most of us never get to see our own country and we would all probably love to be able to convoy with you and see it ourselves. I know I envy you. I hope you can make it happen. In the old days, my Dad saw America by hopping freight trains from Illinois to California...now you only see it on TV. Of course he was also born in a covered Wagon, so you KNOW that was a long time ago - and no, he wasn't surrounded by cowboys and Indians ... it was just a big, very poor family who was moving from Tennessee to Texas.

You are a funny guy. I hope we get to meet.
immediately think of Westerns
in childhood, we played the Indians. probably. you too.
I remember running away from school to watch movies of the Yugoslav production of Chingachgook.

I too will be glad to see you. You're funny.