South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Ok Socal'ers its the 21st!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 AM

Ok Socal'ers its the 21st!

Any plans for a G2G in Feb? I read about the Angelo's, Selman Chev, etc. Anyone nail something down?........I can almost hear GroovieLou's tunes blasting

Don
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM

Ok Don, we need to make a decision for February.

I went to the Chevy dealer (Mulahey in Fullerton) not much was really going on, it was a ghost town. So I would put the dealer on the back burner for now. I think we need to do some leg work on that to make it fun.

There is a post for a Bob's Big Boy lunch on Friday Feb 1st. I have to work so I can't make that one.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=bobs

Choice #1
The Angelos visit sounds good. We could meet for lunch and hang out for a while then cruise over to the Super Autobacs to check out the latest car goodies. We could do this any Saturday in February 2,9,16,23rd what ever works for the group.

Choice#2
Original Mikes in Santa Ana has a Sunday "Dream Car Revue" on Feb 17th from 11-2pm There is no registration fee and they offer a live band, raffles, drink specials, prizes and have a BBQ lunch special. I will post a link to the flyer. This might be fun. They have a big (safe) parking lot and great Clam Chowder too. Sounds like fun. This is an ongoing thing twice a month so we could try this out anytime. Granted this is a thinly disguised excuse to bring in some business for Original Mikes, but we could have some fun and a good meal at the same time.

BTW: Original Mikes is located in one of the first car dealerships in Orange County at First and Main. A really cool old brick building. It was an auto repair shop until the last several years. Angie (afs9) can probably throw a rock at hit this place.

http://www.skeetersautomotive.com/images/mikes.pdf

So it's up to you SoCal, anything sound good?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM

Both sound really great!

I am partial to anywhere there is live music. One question arises for me; Are we wanting to park together? If so, is one venue better than the other to facilitate that?

Either or both sounds good to me!

Don
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM

Unless Selman cleared cars out (the parking is awful there) there is no place to spread out--they are usually packed with new cars/trucks on top of each other (although they do currently have almost every color HHR out front!).

And yeah, Original Mike's is a stones throw from my house! The parking lot looks pretty big and my sister says they have good food. I'm up for Angelo's or Original Mike's--never been to either one!

First weekend is out--going to be in New Orleans until the 5th. After that, Blackie and I are free to drive wherever!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Uma

You know.. Mike's is sounding good to me! Music, food, the time is good. We can still sleep in, and be out of there to get other stuff done. I am a two thumbs up for this one. Todd(Uma)
Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 PM

I cant do it or I would. Someone please make a SoCal poll.

My Vote:

2nd Sunday in Feb @ Mikes!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Do you mean the 10th or for the revue show on the 17th (3rd Sunday)?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM

I think Mike's sounds like fun too.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:29 AM

darn!!! on the 3rd, i'll be in montana, on the 10th, i'll be in pomona for the nhra races. guess i'll have to miss the feb g2g, unles it was the 16th. i work the 17-21.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 AM

As I mentioned, lets get a poll together so we can all hopefully make it there!
I dont really care what day as long as it's good for the rest of you.

Mikes sounds good though, easy, food, music and a large parking lot!

Don

Quick Reply: Ok Socal'ers its the 21st!