SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Bov

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 PM

If you contact Secret Services Auto here in Houston they can help.
Secret Services Auto
- www.secretservicesauto.com
9239 Alberene Drive, Houston - (713) 772-7223
ask for Dave
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 PM

Page #5
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 PM

Is this what your looking for? it was simple I told you to look at the pics...Page #5

Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 AM

That shore is pertty!

Don't quote me on this, but an answer to an earlier question, you could have a plate made that attaches to the BOV and the by-pass. Take the By-pass off, and do either a graphite rub, or wax-paper to get the impression, order a bov, do the same thing and then take it to a machine shop. $.02
Old 06-23-2010, 06:50 PM

maybe we need to shop around....here is a bolt-on for the Solstice

http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folde...BOVUpgrade.htm

.....also note, those on lnfperformance have posted similiar issues for a while. with or without the Dejon spring too.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Is this what your looking for? it was simple I told you to look at the pics...Page #5

Nope, not what I'm looking for. don't want to change anything with air box or anything like that. I'm talking literally take the internal parts right out of the by-pass valve. This should leave an open hole in the side of the turbo apparatus. There are three holes now there (screw holes) from the by-pass cover plate. Now, remove all internal parts to by-pass valve and bolt on a new after market BOV right there and connect to CURRENT vacuum hose. Our current by-pass valve really seems to suck balls. Just want to get rid of without emptying the wallet.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
maybe we need to shop around....here is a bolt-on for the Solstice

http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folde...BOVUpgrade.htm

.....also note, those on lnfperformance have posted similiar issues for a while. with or without the Dejon spring too.
You say shop around, I am not sure this BOV will fit on our set up. Do you know for sure? RemeMber, the Cobalt couldn't have the GM stage 1 for a while because of different intake and turbo tubing. Same engine, same power, and a lot more 'sames';however, that car could not get the stage 1 for almost a year after us. I'm sure there are reasons that some parts can and cannot be used. DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE THAT THIS BOV CAN BE USED ON THE CURRENT SETUP ON OUR HHR SS? BY THE LOOK OF THE PICS, I'M THINKING NO.....
Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by redradt25
You say shop around, I am not sure this BOV will fit on our set up.
I say shop around to find someone making one that fits...our cars are not the only one running this OEM turbo. But, the main issue is capacity of attached BOVs....the design is the limitation.

Do you know for sure?
Nope....I say shop around for that reason

RemeMber, the Cobalt couldn't have the GM stage 1 for a while because of different intake and turbo tubing. Same engine, same power, and a lot more 'sames';however, that car could not get the stage 1 for almost a year after us.
From what I heard/know....it was due to CA emissions they were trying to wrestle with the tune.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
I disagree. I have gone through 2 BOV's.....

STOCK BOV IS CRAP! <-----READ THIS! LEARN THIS! UNDERSTAND THIS!
No need to shout, sport. I get that your BOV is no good. Naturally, replacing a defective part with one that's working will be an improvement. That requires very little in the way of advanced comprehension.

The OP made no mention of a defective BOV. He was simply wondering if an aftermarket valve would offer any performance improvement over what I assumed to be a properly functioning stock valve. The answer is still no. Whether the stock valve is reliable is a different issue entirely and should be taken up in a different thread.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:27 PM

umm guys calm down. I was more looking to see if the factory one could be modded. gcsd...that looks fantastic, I just don't have the $$$ right now, I wasn't really looking for anything more then the sound. Lets keep this positive! :)

Last edited by *jerdog*; 06-27-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling sucks