Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/)
-   -   Code P0089 (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/code-p0089-28792/)

asanti 03-31-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by got2boostit2 (Post 454331)
Wow, issue after issue!?!?

Yup. I spent an hour this morning getting to + tightening the T-bolt clamps on the hotside of the IC. Turn the car on, drive it and it holds boost (yay!). Get on the highway to come to work, speed up (slowly mind you) and as soon as it hit 18lbs the G******ed coupler gives again and I turn around and bring the car straight home. So once I'm home from work tonight I'm taking the piping off, putting the stock IC pipe back on and SERIOUSLY debating whether to take the IC off and reinstall the stock intercooler as well. I dealt with too many headaches with my last car to go through the same BS again. It's bad enough I'm burning the candle @ both ends at work so I need this like I need a hole in my head, but I'll keep you guys informed... :(

Allex

got2boostit2 03-31-2010 07:28 PM

Does your IC piping have the lip and/or ridges that promote keeping the pipes on? All turbo/SC cars experience blown hoses at times. Yes, it can be frustrating, but hang in there.

asanti 04-01-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by got2boostit2 (Post 454541)
Does your IC piping have the lip and/or ridges that promote keeping the pipes on? All turbo/SC cars experience blown hoses at times. Yes, it can be frustrating, but hang in there.

Yes, actually the Hahn intercooler and piping have bead-rolled ends which (combined with the T-bolt clamps I'd bought and had tightened securely) is why I don't understand why that particular clamp just started coming loose. It was FINE for the week or so since I installed it. Now after bringing it to the dealer for the P0089 svc call it kept popping off! (Hmmm, coincidence?:roll:). Either way I took the IC piping off, reinstalled the stock piping and...

I'm back in business!!! :one::nuts: I took the SS for a "test ride" and it held boost as normal. Went to 25lbs in Comp. Mode w/o a hitch. Even with Comp Mode off, I'm seeing 21lbs in 1st + 2nd gear on a hard take off. The stock hotside pipe hasn't moved one iota so I'm REALLY happy to see that :cool::D. I just need to get rid of this new code that popped up when the intercooler hose blew off (P0101- the MAF sensor code- could that be because of the IC piping coming loose??) and I'll be all set. OH! Since I saw this new code, I took off the K&N filter "just to be safe". As of right now though, I'm a much happier and SANER guy. Keep an eye out as I'll most likely put the Hahn piping up in the F/S forum...

Later!
Allex

stephenm 04-01-2010 01:58 PM

I would try to talk to HAHN, you spent the money, you should get to enjoy the product

asanti 04-01-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm (Post 454740)
I would try to talk to HAHN, you spent the money, you should get to enjoy the product

I bought the pipes and intercooler from a member on here and he had no problems with them on his SS. I bought T-bolt clamps thinking they'd be better than the standard steel worm clamps (I was thinking of a Trifecta tune later on); but I still believe a tech at the dealer may have had a part in it since again I had NO problems w/ that clamp or couplers coming completely off until I got my car back from the dealer. I'm planning on selling them because I just don't have time to deal with clamps coming loose on me. There's nothing wrong with the piping or the silicone coupler in question that I can see. Either way that problem's resolved since the stock pipe's back on. I just want a reliable DD that's worry free. ;)

Later
Allex

IgottaWoody 04-01-2010 09:49 PM

Put some silicone adhesive behind the beaded area before installing tube,,this will keep the flex duct from moving around...

asanti 04-02-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody (Post 454826)
Put some silicone adhesive behind the beaded area before installing tube,,this will keep the flex duct from moving around...

Thanks for the tip! But I've already removed the Hahn pipes.:( Stock pipe's holding up perfectly so I'll live without the extra 5hp or so. :smile:

Later
Allex