SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Kent Moore EN 48266 - injector seal tool info

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 06:54 PM

Kent Moore EN 48266 - injector seal tool info

Could anybody who has this tool give me some dimensions?
I think I could CAD it and 3D print/machine it
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Technical Moderator

Are the injectors different on the 2.0L?

I know that tools exist but I changed my 2.2L injectors by hand and a little persuasion. If you are using all new seals and clips and cups there is no need to be gentle.

If you get the seal kit, you can get the dimensions.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:20 AM

Don, the 2.0 is direct inject, that being said the injectors go directly into the the head and exit in the the combustion chamber. I have both tools, If I remember, (old guy short attention span ;~)) I will bring them in and get some dimensioning information on them. They ain't cheap if you have to buy them that's for sure.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Technical Moderator

The parts look the same to me. The 2.2 has a cup that seals into the head, then the injector seals into the cup. The problem I had was carbon built up around the cups and they were cemented into the head.

This one says it fits 2.2, 2.4 and 2.0.

ACDelco 217 2257 Injector Seal Kit | eBay

But, this one says it fits only SS.

Fuel Injector Seal Kit Standard SK124 | eBay
Old 07-20-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
But, this one says it fits only SS.

Fuel Injector Seal Kit Standard SK124 | eBay

That is the correct kit.

Here is a video
Old 07-20-2016, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
Don, the 2.0 is direct inject, that being said the injectors go directly into the the head and exit in the the combustion chamber. I have both tools, If I remember, (old guy short attention span ;~)) I will bring them in and get some dimensioning information on them. They ain't cheap if you have to buy them that's for sure.
That would be great, thanks!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
That is the correct kit.

Here is a video How to use LNF Injector seal tool EN 48266 - YouTube

Thanks for the info, donbrew too
Old 07-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Here's someone on cobaltss that is loaning it for a few bucks. Different part number, but he's loaned it to several people with good reviews. There's even a link to his how-to.
Injector Seal Tool Loan Program - Cobalt SS Network
Old 07-20-2016, 11:23 AM

If your intent is removing the fuel rail GM has left some nice openings to gently pry it out. I was aware of the specialized tools, just didn't need them. I have a small cats paw (?) pry bar that wedges into the two small openings towards the back of the fuel rail. I see no other reason for these openings other than to pry with.

I just recently swapped to opel injectors on the LDK, once everything was out of the way it wiggled free in under 5 minutes. The injectors themselves I just turn and wiggle out. For install I place them in the rail and tighten to spec. I don't try and seat them with the rail off.

-my 2 cents
Old 07-20-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
If your intent is removing the fuel rail GM has left some nice openings to gently pry it out. I was aware of the specialized tools, just didn't need them. I have a small cats paw (?) pry bar that wedges into the two small openings towards the back of the fuel rail. I see no other reason for these openings other than to pry with.

I just recently swapped to opel injectors on the LDK, once everything was out of the way it wiggled free in under 5 minutes. The injectors themselves I just turn and wiggle out. For install I place them in the rail and tighten to spec. I don't try and seat them with the rail off.

-my 2 cents
Did the cat object about using it's paw's like that? Sorry just had too

When I removed the rail from the engine I have it came right off with no prying.

Quick Reply: Kent Moore EN 48266 - injector seal tool info