Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

hhr w/vette rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 PM

Unhappy hhr w/vette rims

i have a 2007 hhr and want to buy corvette c4 turbine rims. will they fit my hhr? i'm completely stumped right now! help!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 PM

Not wihout a lot of work. And then I still don't know if they will work for sure due to the offset. I'd try to find some 5x110 rims that I liked.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

I doubt it. Even with adapters I don't think they will work. Pretty sure they have a different bolt pattern.
Besides, we're talking rear wheel drive wheels going on a front wheel drive car. I'm sure there's an offset issue there.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 PM

thank you so very much...much appreciated!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 AM

Its been done. Friend of mine has Z06's on his Cobalt. Needed four FRONT wheels with 25MM hubcentric adapters to whatever lug pattern they are. Fit nicely, but using the rear wheels would not have worked.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by breds2k
Its been done. Friend of mine has Z06's on his Cobalt. Needed four FRONT wheels with 25MM hubcentric adapters to whatever lug pattern they are. Fit nicely, but using the rear wheels would not have worked.
I guess you could say that 'works' but that's only if you don't mind the change in wheel geometry. That creates added distance between the wheel and the wheel bearing which creates added stress on the bearing from the extra leverage. Face it, you'd be putting RWD wheels on a FWD vehicle with a different bolt patten. Find something that actually fits and is designed for the type of vehicle you're putting it on.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by db/sb
I guess you could say that 'works' but that's only if you don't mind the change in wheel geometry. That creates added distance between the wheel and the wheel bearing which creates added stress on the bearing from the extra leverage. Face it, you'd be putting RWD wheels on a FWD vehicle with a different bolt patten. Find something that actually fits and is designed for the type of vehicle you're putting it on.
This is true but in theory it will work. You always have to pay to play as they say. It's been done numerous times by the Cobalt guys...they have a super low offset like 54 or something like that so adding a 1" hub centric spacer adapter puts it out almost to a factory offset. I love the "saw blades"...I think they look really good...you see them on just about everything these days in the "stanced" world.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 AM

I think they will look stupid on an HHR. Im not a fan at all. BUT id run newer ZO6 wheels if they made sense but they don't. Im going with some 18x9 concave 5 spokes that look like Vossen's little cheaper though!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by breds2k
C4 Corvettes didn't have the wider rears. People I know like that for track use, so they can rotate their rubber better. C5 and later, you go through the pricier rears faster...

OP, there is another option that looks similar, and requires less work - Solstice wheels. There are at least a couple of them here. Do a search and see if you like the look...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:10 AM

You sure? almost ever set ive seen has been staggered in width and diameter.

Quick Reply: hhr w/vette rims