Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   08 HHR SS vs 05 Mustang vs 12 Dodge Charger (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/08-hhr-ss-vs-05-mustang-vs-12-dodge-charger-45057/)

foxtrotraptor 02-27-2013 12:08 PM

08 HHR SS vs 05 Mustang vs 12 Dodge Charger

SO LAST NIGHT I RACED WITH 2 OF MY CO WORKERS ONE IN A 2005 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE AND THE OTHER IN A 2012 DODGE CHARGER NOT ONLY DID I BEAT EM BOTH BUT I REACHED 135MPH AND MY BABY IS A AUTOMATIC :0 I love this little 4banger!!!! New tires helped of course :) another win for The double H-R :twothumbs:

badassbowtie 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

Nice kills!!!! I assume the charger was a V6? the Hemi/SRT chargers are pretty fast...Part of me love beating mustangs too

foxtrotraptor 02-27-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie (Post 693872)
Nice kills!!!! I assume the charger was a V6? the Hemi/SRT chargers are pretty fast...Part of me love beating mustangs too

Yeah both were V6's but still fun. Yeah I don't think I could keep up with the SRTs or the R/T. I really want to race a caliber SRT 4

badassbowtie 02-27-2013 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor (Post 693874)
Yeah both were V6's but still fun. Yeah I don't think I could keep up with the SRTs or the R/T. I really want to race a caliber SRT 4

I was bumper to bumper with a new challenger with a V6, but that was before trifecta...I am sure I would be a hair faster, and the 5 speed SS would be even faster..

Stock vs Stock I think the Caliber SRT4 is a hair faster...I know they are 285 hp stock, not sure on the tq...I don't know much else about them....I am sure they can be modded just like ours(cheap) and be a lot faster:thumb:

just like any car, the time/effort/money put into has a lot to do with the result of the race...I may be favoring the "home team" but the LNF is awesome from all the stuff I have read about the details put into the engine...

Oh and not sure what kind of turbo the CSRT has either...twin scroll eliminates turbo lag for the most part.

SS fan 02-27-2013 06:48 PM

I probably wouldn't do that without a tune, but I have one.....:lol:

foxtrotraptor 02-27-2013 10:26 PM

From what i read about the csrt the turbo is same one as the Mitsubishi lancer EVO 9

Originally Posted by badassbowtie (Post 693879)
I was bumper to bumper with a new challenger with a V6, but that was before trifecta...I am sure I would be a hair faster, and the 5 speed SS would be even faster..

Stock vs Stock I think the Caliber SRT4 is a hair faster...I know they are 285 hp stock, not sure on the tq...I don't know much else about them....I am sure they can be modded just like ours(cheap) and be a lot faster:thumb:

just like any car, the time/effort/money put into has a lot to do with the result of the race...I may be favoring the "home team" but the LNF is awesome from all the stuff I have read about the details put into the engine...

Oh and not sure what kind of turbo the CSRT has either...twin scroll eliminates turbo lag for the most part.

solman98 02-28-2013 10:13 AM

So you out ran to larger, heavier cars with less HP? Congrats?

:lol:

foxtrotraptor 02-28-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by solman98 (Post 693966)
So you out ran to larger, heavier cars with less HP? Congrats?

:lol:

The point is they didn't believe me. They didn't think I would beat them and I proved them wrong. Sometimes u have to Learn these lessons the hard way.:cowboy:

solman98 02-28-2013 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor (Post 694008)
The point is they didn't believe me. They didn't think I would beat them and I proved them wrong. Sometimes u have to Learn these lessons the hard way.:cowboy:

Sad part for us is they will still kill the HHR on resale value......

Did the Charger beat the Mustang?

Was the Charger the 5 speed or 8 speed? I've driven both and they are different in performance. We have a 5 speed '12 Charger at work.

foxtrotraptor 02-28-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by solman98 (Post 694013)
Sad part for us is they will still kill the HHR on resale value......

Did the Charger beat the Mustang?

Was the Charger the 5 speed or 8 speed? I've driven both and they are different in performance. We have a 5 speed '12 Charger at work.

Resale value doesn't really bother me since I'm not gonna sell this ride. I'm keeping it for good and yes charger beat the mustang as well. The Mustang is a 5 speed stick shift and the charger is a 8 speed automatic.