War Stories HHR vs all

08 HHR SS vs 05 Mustang vs 12 Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM

Cool 08 HHR SS vs 05 Mustang vs 12 Dodge Charger

SO LAST NIGHT I RACED WITH 2 OF MY CO WORKERS ONE IN A 2005 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE AND THE OTHER IN A 2012 DODGE CHARGER NOT ONLY DID I BEAT EM BOTH BUT I REACHED 135MPH AND MY BABY IS A AUTOMATIC :0 I love this little 4banger!!!! New tires helped of course :) another win for The double H-R
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Nice kills!!!! I assume the charger was a V6? the Hemi/SRT chargers are pretty fast...Part of me love beating mustangs too
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
Nice kills!!!! I assume the charger was a V6? the Hemi/SRT chargers are pretty fast...Part of me love beating mustangs too
Yeah both were V6's but still fun. Yeah I don't think I could keep up with the SRTs or the R/T. I really want to race a caliber SRT 4
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
Yeah both were V6's but still fun. Yeah I don't think I could keep up with the SRTs or the R/T. I really want to race a caliber SRT 4
I was bumper to bumper with a new challenger with a V6, but that was before trifecta...I am sure I would be a hair faster, and the 5 speed SS would be even faster..

Stock vs Stock I think the Caliber SRT4 is a hair faster...I know they are 285 hp stock, not sure on the tq...I don't know much else about them....I am sure they can be modded just like ours(cheap) and be a lot faster

just like any car, the time/effort/money put into has a lot to do with the result of the race...I may be favoring the "home team" but the LNF is awesome from all the stuff I have read about the details put into the engine...

Oh and not sure what kind of turbo the CSRT has either...twin scroll eliminates turbo lag for the most part.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

I probably wouldn't do that without a tune, but I have one.....
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 PM

From what i read about the csrt the turbo is same one as the Mitsubishi lancer EVO 9

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
I was bumper to bumper with a new challenger with a V6, but that was before trifecta...I am sure I would be a hair faster, and the 5 speed SS would be even faster..

Stock vs Stock I think the Caliber SRT4 is a hair faster...I know they are 285 hp stock, not sure on the tq...I don't know much else about them....I am sure they can be modded just like ours(cheap) and be a lot faster

just like any car, the time/effort/money put into has a lot to do with the result of the race...I may be favoring the "home team" but the LNF is awesome from all the stuff I have read about the details put into the engine...

Oh and not sure what kind of turbo the CSRT has either...twin scroll eliminates turbo lag for the most part.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM

So you out ran to larger, heavier cars with less HP? Congrats?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
So you out ran to larger, heavier cars with less HP? Congrats?

The point is they didn't believe me. They didn't think I would beat them and I proved them wrong. Sometimes u have to Learn these lessons the hard way.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
The point is they didn't believe me. They didn't think I would beat them and I proved them wrong. Sometimes u have to Learn these lessons the hard way.
Sad part for us is they will still kill the HHR on resale value......

Did the Charger beat the Mustang?

Was the Charger the 5 speed or 8 speed? I've driven both and they are different in performance. We have a 5 speed '12 Charger at work.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Sad part for us is they will still kill the HHR on resale value......

Did the Charger beat the Mustang?

Was the Charger the 5 speed or 8 speed? I've driven both and they are different in performance. We have a 5 speed '12 Charger at work.
Resale value doesn't really bother me since I'm not gonna sell this ride. I'm keeping it for good and yes charger beat the mustang as well. The Mustang is a 5 speed stick shift and the charger is a 8 speed automatic.

Last edited by foxtrotraptor; 02-28-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Quick Reply: 08 HHR SS vs 05 Mustang vs 12 Dodge Charger