War Stories HHR vs all

Got Hit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Angry Got Hit

Got hit last night white equinox decided he wanted my lane. Why do people think just because they put on there turn signal lights they can just move over. Needless to say now I can't open my drivers door and the fender and bumper also got it. Jerk off didn't even come over and ask me if I was ok. At least the cop gave him a ticket for unsafe lane change. I already contacted his insurance company which is the lizard.

Any advice on how to deal with them? Ruined my night and I am still pissed. How do you miss a pumpkin on wheels? Well thanks for letting me vent and if anyone knows a good bodyshop in central ct pleae let me know.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Man, that's horrible. Hope you're alright.

Seems that a lot of drivers either change lanes as soon as they put on the turn signal or don't use signals at all.

I don't know about dealing with the lizard, last experience was with progressive. All I can say is make sure that whatever the adjuster tells you that they are going to do, get it in writing. The adjuster we dealt with told us they would pay us X amount, didn't get it in writing. Next thing I know we're having to foot the bill for the emergency room visit because the check they gave us wasn't enough to cover everything.

Last edited by chevyguy; 03-22-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: correct typo
Old 03-22-2008, 09:35 AM

If its geico insurance, they are really good to deal with. I was rear ended in my Marauder one morning, the lady called it in and geico called ME within an hour. They had their ppl out to look at the damage and I had a check within a week. This is all in california, hope they treat CT customers the same way.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 AM
jx3

Wow that sucks! At least they gave you the coutesy of letting you know they were going to hit you by signaling.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:16 AM

Always great when the other guy gets a ticket - it almost automatically shows the other guy's at fault and you don't have any he said - she said problems down the road. Smart on your part calling the cops or lucky they showed up. Great opportunity to add accessories like running boards or spoiler if you don't have them - might talk the body shop into painting for no extra charge....
Old 03-22-2008, 09:23 PM

Be careful about settling too soon. If you settle and later need to go to the doctor for neck injuries (sometimes takes days to start hurting), you may be screwed.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:31 AM

I'm fine but still pissed. Happened on Friday and it is now Sunday and no pain. I had to take a crowbar to the fender so I can at least get the door open. Still don't know how you can miss a orange pumpkin.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 AM

Be Careful with Geico. They will try to repair your car with used or aftermarket parts. Not sure about your state but here in Texas we have the right to demand Factory NEW parts. Back in 2005 my brand new Cavy was run over by an 18 wheeler and Geico tryed to authorize ONLY used or aftermarket parts. I had not even made my first payment on that car. I did finally get my way with them but it was like pulling teeth. My own!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 AM

Heck Guy, they Just do Not Look.
My last car was a 1986 VW Vanagon. How do you miss seeing a 6'5" wall rolling down the road. I put air horns in to help make them see me!

thats why I got a Red HHR.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:48 PM

First of all insurance companies fear personal injury over car damage any day. Go see your doctor with some compliant related to the crash. Then do not sign the release statement for personal injury until you are happy with the repairs to your car. If needed, have your lawyer send a letter to the lizzard stating the same. I am not saying that you should fake injury, just that you may have an injury, even is a bruise from your seat belt, and you should use that to your advantage.