War Stories HHR vs all

HHR SS VS COBAL SC on the 60 west in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 AM

HHR SS VS COBAL SC on the 60 west in SoCal

Just ran with a silver Balt with a black or carbon fiber trunk hard to tell it was dark. 2 guys inside. Lots of fun. The Balts sound cool I could really hear the supercharger on his. He got me on the first pull I had the "only 15psi" problem we get when driving on the freeway. But on the 2nd pull I downshifted to I and pulled away boosting 24 psi. Good times. Love the Chevys
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 AM

I am sure you surprised them the second time.
Its such a huge difference when the tune works properly.
James told me that he suspects that as we are driving along at say 60 and floor it the car senses a certain amount of torque therefore it only throws say 15 psi out.
What always works for me is to let of completely which creates say 20 in of vacuum then hold on. I guess I will have to try putting it in I.
Did you put it I. I then let off or just cruise along then hit it? Guessing you where making enough vacuum to make the tune work. I really wish that part of the tune was not there and LSO the part where boost drops at a certain RPM.
Then again we are lucky gm even put this tune out and it still keeps the warranty in tact.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
James told me that he suspects that as we are driving along at say 60 and floor it the car senses a certain amount of torque therefore it only throws say 15 psi out.
What always works for me is to let of completely which creates say 20 in of vacuum then hold on. I guess I will have to try putting it in I.
Did you put it I. I then let off or just cruise along then hit it? Guessing you where making enough vacuum to make the tune work. I really wish that part of the tune was not there and LSO the part where boost drops at a certain RPM.
Then again we are lucky gm even put this tune out and it still keeps the warranty in tact.
It's not just GM's tune....superchips and trifecta do the same thing you described

And nice kill foxtrot!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
I agree when it works its a beast. And as for this run I just dropped it in I let go of the gas then took off, got 24psi on the meter. I got some approving smiles and thumbs up from them :).
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
It's not just GM's tune....superchips and trifecta do the same thing you described

And nice kill foxtrot!
And yeah I heard about that. It's a HHR issue not a tune issuse. It's just how the car was engineered I guess. And thank you. It was fun run. This make my 2nd run against a cobalt SC still havnt ran into a Balt TC in my area. All Supercharged here in my area of SoCal