War Stories HHR vs all

HHR vs Honda CBR 600

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:29 PM

HHR vs Honda CBR 600

Anyway, I was on honeymoon yesterday, went to the store, and on the way back to the hotel an idiot on a Honda CBR 600 tried to jump out into traffic and my HHR got hit. I gave that bike a full broadside. Kid appears to be ok, just in hospital and probably with a broken hip. I got out of the car screaming and acting a fool. Come to find out this was the kid's 7th wreck and he's only 23. Darwin didn't get his due today.

Pics up soon when I figure out how to.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 PM

"Darwin didn't get his due today. "

Clever
Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM

Sport bikers are scary. They talk about how dangerous it is to get hit, but half the time they are the ones doing the hitting. Had one almost sideswipe me a few weeks ago.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM

Please don't say all sport bike riders are dangerous. I have ridden sport bikes for 8 years and ride very responsibly. I don't have a death wish on the road and I wait in traffic like everyone else. (it is hard at times in the phoenix heat). I just recently had my first incident and it was due to a person (16 year old guy) flying out of a parking lot and broad siding me. I am fine, and the bike was repaired then sold.(done riding for now) If I am feeling the need to go fast I go to the track and do some drags or go to track day and do some laps (always gets the adrenaline going). I just do not like to be classified as a "stupid sport bike rider" because I ride safely and the group of guys I used to ride with all ride like me and it was fun to go out with 15 to 20 of us and just enjoy the cruise.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
Sport bikers are scary. They talk about how dangerous it is to get hit, but half the time they are the ones doing the hitting. Had one almost sideswipe me a few weeks ago.
there are still people out there who are smart and know how to ride.....the only time I got hit was when I was sitting still at a stop sign.....
Old 02-05-2009, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by 03ES
Please don't say all sport bike riders are dangerous. I have ridden sport bikes for 8 years and ride very responsibly. I don't have a death wish on the road and I wait in traffic like everyone else. (it is hard at times in the phoenix heat). I just recently had my first incident and it was due to a person (16 year old guy) flying out of a parking lot and broad siding me. I am fine, and the bike was repaired then sold.(done riding for now) If I am feeling the need to go fast I go to the track and do some drags or go to track day and do some laps (always gets the adrenaline going). I just do not like to be classified as a "stupid sport bike rider" because I ride safely and the group of guys I used to ride with all ride like me and it was fun to go out with 15 to 20 of us and just enjoy the cruise.

+1000 I ride a bike that can be considered a "sport bike" and still ride with my head. Sounds like you just had a run-in with a dumbass. 7 wrecks and only 23?!? WTF?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 PM

I ride a 675, and from time to time I do some dumb sh**, but it's normally not around traffic. I don't stunt, I just ride fast with what some might consider unsafe lane changes. I don't weave, or split traffic, that's just asking for trouble. Cagers scare me too much to play with them. I will say though, that bikers do need to ride somewhat aggressively because cars just don't register what a bike is on the road. I need my license for my job ( D.O.T. truck ), so I don't act out too much. On a side note, I have yet to have something with 4 wheels keep up with me, much less pass me, no matter how we started.