Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   Passat VR6 (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/passat-vr6-18628/)

Chevy SS 10-01-2008 09:13 PM

Passat VR6

I was sitting at a dual turn lane waiting for the light to turn green to get on the freeway. Sitting next to me was a new Passat VR6 (280hp). Light turns green and he was been slow poking it for the last 5 miles so I decided I was going to get ahead of him. Well as soon as the light turns he punches it and squeals the tires. I had a semi hard take off since I was planning and getting in front of him. Well he didn't like that and was trying to show off his new ride to his girl and friend in the back. Let's just say I got on the freeway first :) First respectable kill.

AaronSS 10-01-2008 09:18 PM

I saw one of those today. They look really really nice. He didn't bite. Good kill!

Chevy SS 10-01-2008 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS (Post 316273)
I saw one of those today. They look really really nice. He didn't bite. Good kill!

Oh yeah, they look nice, and are nice, but there's no way I'm paying upper $30k for one. I don't think I would have beat him if he was alone in the car. I have some weight advantage, and possibly acceleration advantage on him.

DBHHRLT 10-17-2008 10:33 PM

was the passat auto or manual??? nice win

Chevy SS 10-18-2008 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by DBHHRLT (Post 320636)
was the passat auto or manual??? nice win

From best I could tell it was an auto.

Uma 10-18-2008 01:00 AM

Ok, I am not getting this, please explain. Is the SS a race car, I keep seeing all these posts about racing other cars, I thought street racing was illegal, and not to mention.. stupid and dangerous, I love the HHR, but, it is a mini-station wagon, even if you put a turbo on it. Just want to say that some guys on the site never reply to anything other than racing their car...let's try and support the whole site, get together and make this thing huge!! Todd (Uma)

Chevy SS 10-18-2008 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uma (Post 320680)
Ok, I am not getting this, please explain. Is the SS a race car, I keep seeing all these posts about racing other cars, I thought street racing was illegal, and not to mention.. stupid and dangerous, I love the HHR, but, it is a mini-station wagon, even if you put a turbo on it. Just want to say that some guys on the site never reply to anything other than racing their car...let's try and support the whole site, get together and make this thing huge!! Todd (Uma)

As I stated, I was getting on the freeway. It's not like I was weaving through a school zone at 100 mph. I simply got up to freeway speed faster then the other guy. I never went above 3rd gear.

stranger 10-18-2008 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uma (Post 320680)

:lol: I would tell ya 'bout the yugo I beat but it was illegal...... shouldn't of had my bicycle on the asphalt......gotta learn to stay on the sidewalk.

marksand 10-18-2008 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by stranger (Post 320784)
:lol: I would tell ya 'bout the yugo I beat but it was illegal...... shouldn't of had my bicycle on the asphalt......gotta learn to stay on the sidewalk.

Nah. A Yugo is a legal kill. Actually a mercy killing!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black SS Texas 10-18-2008 02:35 PM

yes the SS is a race car, just in steath mode:D don`t be a hater because you bought a not turbo mister lawman:one: non braker of rules:eek: good kill chevy SS