War Stories HHR vs all

Poor Wheelie, another booboo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Angry Poor Wheelie, another booboo.

MAN!!, Ugh!, Poor Wheelie got another injury today, a window chip on the driver's side, UGH!!!

Wheelie and I were traveling on the interstate to on our way to bible study, and I noticed that a cement truck was following me, whereever I went, it went, so I got a little nervous and I quickly went to the other lane and slowed down to let it pass me, when he did, I sped back up, and then suddenly...CRACK!, I looked at Wheelie's windshield and a chip was on his window, A stone had hit it....IT WAS THAT CEMENT TRUCK!!, UGH!!, Wheelie is angry right now, but I comforted him, telling Wheelie that I will have the chip looked at, I hope the chip does not run across, I pray thay I can just have that chip repaired instead of having Wheelie's whole windshield replaced....(Sigh)... can anyone offer some advice about how to mend Wheelie's booboo?, Wheelie appreciates the help, thanks..
Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
MAN!!, Ugh!, Poor Wheelie got another injury today, a window chip on the driver's side, UGH!!!

Wheelie and I were traveling on the interstate to on our way to bible study, and I noticed that a cement truck was following me, whereever I went, it went, so I got a little nervous and I quickly went to the other lane and slowed down to let it pass me, when he did, I sped back up, and then suddenly...CRACK!, I looked at Wheelie's windshield and a chip was on his window, A stone had hit it....IT WAS THAT CEMENT TRUCK!!, UGH!!, Wheelie is angry right now, but I comforted him, telling Wheelie that I will have the chip looked at, I hope the chip does not run across, I pray thay I can just have that chip repaired instead of having Wheelie's whole windshield replaced....(Sigh)... can anyone offer some advice about how to mend Wheelie's booboo?, Wheelie appreciates the help, thanks..
Most insurance companies will repair chips in glass. I've had mine done before and I'm not exactly sure what they do to fix it, but they injected some type of something into the chip and then buffed it out so it wouldn't crack. I cold have lived with it if it hadn't been right in the middle of my vision.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:04 PM

I am afraid to contact my insurance company...because If I do, they might raise up my rates!, and I cant really afford for them to do that on me... ...still trying to figure out what to do about the chip tho...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 PM

If it is what is referred to as a "Bull's eye", they generally just stay looking that way. I have heard of glass repair kits for "Bull's eyes" but don't know where you get them. Do know it is a mixture like epoxy that goes into the hole and covered with something until it cure clear. Maybe one of the other members know what I am talking about and can help. Perhaps a auto parts store has them, give them a call. Half to watch other types of chips since they can just run across the windshield at any time due to change in temperature, vibration from a bump or looking at it wrong. No cure for that but replacement. Good Luck and stay further back from trucks or keep ahead of them, next time.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Just did a web search for bulls eye repair and found something that might work on Wheelie. Only about 10 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-16067.../dp/B000HBI9XW
Old 10-09-2007, 08:01 PM

Call you local glass repair company and have them look at it. Most do real good work. I you are paying for it, your insurance company will recommend a good glass service with no problem for you.. around 50 bucks. If you got the name of the concrete company and truck number, they should fix it for you.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM

Rule #1: Never follow a dump truck.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM

cement mixer
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
I am afraid to contact my insurance company...because If I do, they might raise up my rates!, and I cant really afford for them to do that on me... ...still trying to figure out what to do about the chip tho...
You should not be concerned about a rate increase for a simple windshield chip repair.

That would be considered a simple "comprehensive claim" in the insurance business and most insurance companies will even waive the deductible and set up an appointment for a glass repair company to come out to your vehicle to repair the chip on the spot.

If you are REALLY worried and not sure if your policy includes the windsheild chip repair, I would suggest calling your insurance company annonymously and asking them their procedures and guidelines for such a chip repair.

Best of luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM

Check out this company. They do on-site replacement and repair of wind shields and it's usually very reasonable. I had them come out and replace the wind shield in my Mom's Honda Civic for under $250. Also, your insurance company may cover the repair at no cost to you in order to avoid paying for a full replacement.

http://www.safelite.com/

PS: I did a mock-up quote with them and got this:

Step 2: Your Quote

Safelite Regular Price: $59.95 View Detail
Monster Markdown Month: 16% Off
Your Price: $49.95
(includes labor, before tax)

This quote includes a National Warranty that is good for as long as you own or lease your vehicle. The quoted price is good for the schedule options listed below.

Quick Reply: Poor Wheelie, another booboo.