Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   A real Derelict on cell phone rear ended RARE HHR! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/real-derelict-cell-phone-rear-ended-rare-hhr-12636/)

DLVRNIT 01-03-2009 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix (Post 343331)
It happened again. Time for a new bumper again! Not my fault, again!

""The Same Kid on the Cell Phone" :confused:? "What are the Odds" :roll:! Hopefully everyones OK :smile:! Good thing about White is that it is Easilly Matched :thumb:!

Happy New Year,

ivtech 01-03-2009 10:54 PM

Words fail me.

mistermike 01-04-2009 07:01 AM

File a police report. It's the law, and the only way you'll ever get a dime for your insurance company or his.

Although insurance laws vary, if the kid has insurance, you won't have to pay a deductible. If he doesn't, then your insurance pays, and the deductible applies. If they successfully collect from the kid, they will refund your deductible. In Ohio, ununsured drivers at fault must repay the victims insurance company or risk suspension of their licence. Usually, if they miss more than one agreed upon payment, the insurance company files to have their license suspended. An individual can also file for suspension of an uninsured driver's licence.

NEVER agree to let the guy who hits you pay you "off the books." even if he owns a body shop. If he welches, which 90% of the time he will, you don't have a legal leg to stand on. Small claims court has no teeth for enforcement.

If someone blabbing on a cell phone hit me, they'd need a proctologist to retrieve their phone.

jx3 01-04-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix (Post 343331)
It happened again. Time for a new bumper again! Not my fault, again!

I guess those that hit you don't really believe in ghosts, and therefor can't see Casper.:D

So sorry to see it happen again.:(

halfpanel08 01-04-2009 08:36 AM

glad your okay. sucks you have to go threw all this junk.
its never fun to deal with all this stuff...

id vote aftermarket bumper as the replacement :thumb:

SindyDix 01-04-2009 09:12 AM

The same kid didn't hit me! It's just that I got hit again!

Guy backing out of his driveway while I was stopped in the street as Mr B was getting in the car. Insurance is already in the works. Guy was 100% at fault.

DLVRNIT 01-04-2009 03:28 PM

Hey Renee, "aka SindyDix",

Yes I new it wasn't the same kid again :roll:! Was just trying to light'n up the moment a little :smile:! I know it just must be a PITA for as much as your RARE HHR means to you :bow:! Hopefully once this repair is made it will be a "LONG" while before anything un-expected pops up again :thumb:!

Happy New Year,

JonyyB 01-04-2009 04:20 PM

wow that sucks! Time to get the SS bumpers :thumb:

OKCPanel 02-04-2009 10:09 AM

Same story

Same thing just happened last week, Walgreens Co. car rear ended my
Cobalt SS Supercharged. $7200+ damage. The driver claimed he wasn't on the phone, but admitted fault. Dealing with someone else's Ins. is a pain.
My wife's T-Bird was rear ended by a young girl, called the cops, exchanged info. While waiting for police the girl said her dad was a cop. He (cop dad) showed up at the scene, on the phone, I'm sure calling in a favor. We later find out the girl's license had been suspended, her insurance was not in force, she ran the stop sign which caused her to rear end my wife, yet she did not get one ticket. I filed a complaint with the police dept., they called me and sent a revised report showing
the girl would receive three citations. My insurance never got a dime out of her.

SILVER SS 02-05-2009 12:32 AM

WOW, Glad to hear she got some tickets out of it...