War Stories HHR vs all

War story.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:37 PM

War story.....

So there I was on my 3rd tour of 'Nam. That's vietnam to you youngin's. Surrounded by the rotting corpses of my fallen brothers. I was all that was left of the 322nd support group. Fresh outta boot ready to kill anything we came across and armed with nothing but a killer instinct and a m-16. Damn 16's jam all the time. Can't wait for the new shipment. I was hiding behind a wall of arms, legs, and torsos when all hell broke loose. Damn VC firing right over my head, bullets pounding into the bodies I'm hiding behind making solid thuds followed by mists of crimson. Nowhere to go. Nowhere else to hide. The firing of the guns getting louder as they close in on MY position. Being flanked by VC. I reached around for my last grenade. Clutching tightly to my "salvation with a pin." When the firing stopped I heard feet all around me. I jumped to my feet and screamed "come get me you greasy SOB's!" I pulled the pin and tossed the grenade into the air. Grabbed the nearest sorry sack of meat to walk this earth, pulled him close looking into the beady little VC eyes, fell to my back and watched the rest of those bastards jump on top. The grenade was falling back to earth and landed between a couple guys jumping on top of me. Too little too late. B*O*O*M*!*! A fountain of gloriuous reds, greys, and olive drab falls around me. Its the freaking 4th of july! I lived long enough to share this tale with you some 40+ years later. I am now 26 and can honestly tell you from the bottom of my heart the moral of this story.....

No matter how fast an SRT4 is, its still just a Neon.

This message brought to you by LSD, weed and a whole lot of dead time at work. Medical grade drugs are AWESOME!

Lets make turbos not war. And visualize whirrled peas!

I just couldn't resist.....
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member

Jason...you are a sick SOB...

You had me there for a while. That was almost as good as making people believe your car keeps getting dirty and you're going to complain to the dealer. :twothumbs :twothumbs
Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 AM

I was with you right up until the part about M-16's jamming. I fired thousands of rounds through mine - it never jammed once.

Now, a MAC-10 45 cal, that' a whole 'nuther story!

Then I read the drug part and "got it."

So, vizualize "whorled pees" my man!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:19 AM

Dude he read my combat memiors !!! Oh wait I was in Panama and Desrt Storm, my M16 was kept clean and oiled and never jammed and I am far too old for 26...medical grade drugs, now there might be a memory there some where...hahaha
Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 AM

I started reading this and was thinking about letters that I had gotten years ago. From classmates that had gone, found some truth to all, but I agree the M-16 Jamming? Now the Medical Drugs I can really remember in clear detail. Very good one.

Last edited by karen1953; 01-11-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I was with you right up until the part about M-16's jamming. I fired thousands of rounds through mine - it never jammed once.

We had the TV on in the office to TLC. They had something on about when the first M16's were out the grunts weren't cleaning them properly and with all the humidity/dust/dirt/plants that the guns were jamming. But a few thumps to the ground or something solid and they were fine. HAHA!

Was wondering how many people would actually read this!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah Jason, that was the other part of the story....

I stopped and thought jammed M-16's ?????? He's not that old...I met him...he's like 30 at the most.....and this happened in my age group. Then I realized what you were writing.

The M-16's in the first couple of years of VM, would jam horribly, mostly because of inadequate cleaning/maintenance. Many of the early guys were trading them for M-1's, M-2's and 'grease" guns.

But, again....nice story
Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Yeah Jason, that was the other part of the story....

I stopped and thought jammed M-16's ?????? He's not that old...I met him...he's like 30 at the most.....and this happened in my age group. Then I realized what you were writing.

The M-16's in the first couple of years of VM, would jam horribly, mostly because of inadequate cleaning/maintenance. Many of the early guys were trading them for M-1's, M-2's and 'grease" guns.

But, again....nice story
If I may add some info...it was also because the major ammo supplier to the military had used a very "dirty" powder in the early months of production.And because the M-16 is a gas operated weapon,the build up of contaminants was not good for the mechanism.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member

Addition to stories are always good