War Stories HHR vs all

we got butt punched on I5 :(

Old 07-31-2007, 11:22 AM

we got butt punched on I5 :(

Well we finally made it home sunday night/monday morning. Sunday afternoon as we left L.A. about 2 hrs into our trip we see people in front us us stopping FAST, so of course we stop and give plenty of room in front of us and as we are doing about 5mph with our brakes on this girl in an 07 corolla comes screaching up behind us and hits us doin about 30mph. We are all okay, just a couple stiff necks. Surprisingly neither car had alot of noticable damage. We have a couple small cracks in the bumper along with some scapes and scratches, and her car had the same on her front bumper. We all bounced off our headrests and it shifted all our stuff around in the back area, so I was expecting some really damage. We are very happy with the way the HHR took the impact. We took it in to get two estimates and it looks like a new bumper and foam insert is all that will be needed along wih the little clips and stuff totaling $980.00. anyway here is a couple pics and it will not stop us from comeing again next year. Oh ya I almost forgot, does anyone know of a nice rear aftermarket bumper I can get since this one will be trash??? I found the silver lining in this cloud :)

Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you all are ok for the most part.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:15 PM

Glad everyone is ok, sorry about the damage but it was great to meet you down here.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM

Did that happen on the same day as the pinstriping? I never heard of back bumpers, except the PTeazer pieces and I hear they are very expensive. Best of luck and thank goodness it didn't injure you folks!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Glad to hear you are ok. What a way to end your trip. As Cheri stated just the PTeazer bumper(expensive and a hassle I hear)
Old 07-31-2007, 05:48 PM
jx3

Good to hear everyone is OK. And nice to see the safety of the HHR, sorry it was at your expense though.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM

Any good repair shop can get a bumper...
Good thing no one was hurt, this kinda stuff happens so fast and when you least expect it, that`s why I was so upset when I read a couple days ago, about some one riding a kid/teen in the cargo area...
Your insurance should send you to a good shop/dealer, and check into those sore necks...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM

Yeah, I didn't say this before but if you haven't been looked at by a doctor you should be. You never know what could pop up down the road. I was rear ended several years ago and did not see a doctor . I occasionally have neck/shoulder pain that may have been caused from this accident.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 PM

Well we went to the back cracker today and she got us all fixed up . We are very lucky it was as little as it was. Anyway thanks for the kind words and I'll let yall know when the HHR is all fixed up. We decided to go with the stock bumper again due to the over pricedness of the one aftermarket one we found, so if you know a good one for a good price somewhere share the info.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 12:48 AM

Glad to hear you all are ok. As far as finding a bumber, have you tried e-bay, or maybe a salvage yard? Or did you want to find new. Sometimes the insurance company don't like when you get parts from a salvaged car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: we got butt punched on I5 :(