Retired - Classifieds | Buy | Sell | Trade | Wanted Ads Private party sales only. Poster must be the one offering the item(s). No third party sales. For Sale items MUST include a price in first post of thread. Off topic post(s) not directly related to the purchase of the item and threads with no price will be removed. Pictures posted that are not the actual item being sold are not allowed. Ads will be closed after 60 days of no activity and then be archived in the Inactive Classified Ads Sub-Forum.

Use Caution | PM Offers From New Signups!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Founding Member

Exclamation Use Caution | PM Offers From New Signups!

Hi gang!

Please be cautious of new members private messaging you in wanting to buy your for sale items in the classified section.

I recently observed a new sign-up with an IP address in Nigeria going down the list in the For Sale heading posts sending PM's. I would love to think that country is filled with HHR's but I sincerely doubt that's true. Like with anything you buy and sell off the internet, please use caution if accepting an offer from someone who has not yet 'established' themselves here on this site.

If you are unsure of a prospective buyer, let me know and I'll look up their IP address and let you know their location origin.