General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Just saw my First SS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Just saw my First SS!

Before yesterday, I had never actually seen an HHR SS in person. Not a single one. Then, yesterday I saw a silver SS when I was on the phone, and I got kinda excited and yelled "Oh, that was an SS!!!" into the phone. They thought I crashed or something, and I had to explain that was the first time I had ever seen an HHR SS. Then, today when I was driving around town, I saw another SS, this one was black, here in Superior, WI, but it had Iowa plates, so it was from out of town. Both of them were completely stock (appearance wise). I kinda wondered if the black one was possibly a member here... But they are definitely very rare!! I joined the forum here February of this year, and that was how I learned of the HHR SS. I had seen HHRs many times before, but I had never seen an SS and I didn't even know they existed until I joined here. I've been looking out for them ever since this February, but I didn't ever see one until just yesterday. Not a single one for 7 months! Then, I see an SS two days in a row! Isn't that ironic! They're definitely very rare and cool!! But I guess until I have enough money for an SS, my 1LT will do, I love it anyway!!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:54 PM

Yep, rare especially in smaller rural areas. In Hillsdale, there is my orange one and a black one. Other than that you don't see any others around here. Lots of non SS HHRs though.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM

There isnt to many SS's around my area either. Since I've had my HHR, I've seen only just a handful around here.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM

Even here in the Denver metro they're not common. I saw a half panel SS at my dealer (I like to think of that as a Sedan Delivery and the panel as a Panel). Never seen another one before or since. The guy drove to Eastern Kansas to get it. I have seen one SS Panel. Otherwise, just a few of the regular SS's. I can imagine how rare they are in a small town or rural area.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:21 PM

I've seen the same one, twice..... Black SS wagon..... Middle aged woman driving it, I doubt she knows what it is...... but that's down in Columbus/Delaware Ohio area where my Father lives..... None up here where I live. Even the 2LT is "rare" here in town, most are 1LT with no options, lots of those around.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:08 PM

They were both Standand (windowed) SS HHRs. I'd really be shocked if I ever saw a half panel SS or a Panel SS. I'd probably be struck by lightning before I see one of those.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 PM

Oops, I guess I put this in the wrong category. I see that it got moved. I thought I should put it in the lounge since it was just general chit-chat. I guess I was wrong. Sorry....
Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM

I see an average of one every month or so here in the Milwaukee metro area. Mostly on the freeway commuting to-from work and as that is 120 miles ea. day. They are usually black or silver.

Last week I was happy to see a nice black SS at the center island of pumps at a gas station I was stopping at. I was thinking "dang, why wasn't I drivin' the SS today!" I had chosen the 98 Eldorado as I just picked it up and was excited to take her on the first freeway voyage to work!

Anyway, I then noticed there was a squad behind him, and an older lady in a Buick in front of him. The cop was talking to both of them. Sure enough, as I pulled out to leave I checked out the side of the SS and the front quarterpanel was crushed in! I felt so bad for the guy. I don't know who's falt it was, but I could sure take a guess...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM

I still see a hand full around Akron. I also see a co workers everyday.

I saw my first fake SS Sunday. It was red and looked like a SS coming but the guy left all the chrome luggage rack and door handles on. He only changed the front bumper and emblems. I was going to go up and press him but he pulled into a liquor store. I assume to drown the shame LOL!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 AM

I rarely see another SS model. Sometimes I see heavily modified LTs and get all excited, only to find out they aren't an SS. One day I saw a sister SS in a parking lot so I had to stop, pull up next to it, and take a picture. The people in the building probably thought I was a lunatic and were going to call the cops!

Name:  ForeignerDoubleVision.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  24.6 KB

Also remember that some SS owners debadge their vehicles, so they all may not have the SS logo on them. The front end is the easiest way to tell an SS. The wheels are also very distinct, but many HHR owners swap out their wheels.