General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Just saw my First SS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 AM

In our small town there might be one more Silver SS. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a couple of months.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

I had seen a black SS, but it was parked. The other day there was suddenly a red one in front of me in traffic, and I have to admit that I decided to change my route and drive with him a bit, until he turned into a golf course.

I had to lay on the gas a lot more to keep up with him.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
I rarely see another SS model. Sometimes I see heavily modified LTs and get all excited, only to find out they aren't an SS. One day I saw a sister SS in a parking lot so I had to stop, pull up next to it, and take a picture. The people in the building probably thought I was a lunatic and were going to call the cops!

Also remember that some SS owners debadge their vehicles, so they all may not have the SS logo on them. The front end is the easiest way to tell an SS. The wheels are also very distinct, but many HHR owners swap out their wheels.
That was one lucky find!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Saw a Victory Red on at the Chevy dealer when I went in for service. OOOOOH.

Another identifying thing of the SS, is that the rear (and front) bumpers don't have those small projections on the face of the bumper.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Also remember that some SS owners debadge their vehicles, so they all may not have the SS logo on them. The front end is the easiest way to tell an SS. The wheels are also very distinct, but many HHR owners swap out their wheels.
True to some extent... I deliver pizza to guy from time to time who has done the whole conversion on a 1LT , including exterior fascias, running boards, exhaust tip, emblems, mirrors, a pillar,and seats. The only way you could tell by looking at is by the rear drums which he does plan to swap out soon. He has told me eventually he will do the drivetrain as well. But I have seen some absolute fakes before as well. A gray 1LT with SS emblems in the right locations but up side down. So it can go either ways.

Anyways back on topic, I have two SS's that live within a 1/8th of a mile of me. One 2010 Silver auto (three streets north) and a 08 Imperial Blue auto(two doors down). The guy on my street even took me on a ride along when he first got it two years ago and I guess I was destined to get one myself.

Dave
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM

#1 rule for seeing your first SS. Act like you have seen one before. HHR owners need to be a little cooler. LOL!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 PM

There is another red panel ss in my area. He works at the Chevy dealer in Clearwater.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhatBob
I had seen a black SS, but it was parked. The other day there was suddenly a red one in front of me in traffic, and I have to admit that I decided to change my route and drive with him a bit, until he turned into a golf course.

I had to lay on the gas a lot more to keep up with him.
Where did you see the black one parked?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
I deliver pizza to guy from time to time who has done the whole conversion on a 1LT , including exterior fascias, running boards, exhaust tip, emblems, mirrors, a pillar,and seats. The only way you could tell by looking at is by the rear drums which he does plan to swap out soon. He has told me eventually he will do the drivetrain as well.
seems like it would be cheaper to just buy an SS in the beginning....
Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Just got my cherry popped with an SS that looks like jerSSey's HHR. Saw it in the 2nd/Plankinton Ave garage downtown Milwaukee.