General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Found a 2009 HHR SS Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:32 AM

Yeah sure do Benjiwah!! ... Great bit of ingenuity there .. the "Super 8" never had it so good!! Ha.. Ha..
Hey Thank you ..... Yes "1 of 1" is a unadulterated bone stock unit with all the right goodies already on it ... the only thing thats not OEM is a K&N air filter upgrade!!

Last edited by Baron Rico; 04-27-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 AM

Absolutely Rainman any documentation would be great!! Also ... thats really amazing you happen to have a friend right there in Bowling Green ... What are the odds of that?? Guess my timing was good, of course just blind luck on my part ... although I didnt wait more than 15 minutes to pull the trigger!! Anyway ... Im not too sorry for your loss but id be happy to let you drive it sometime!!! Ha.. Ha..
Old 04-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Rico
Thank you All .. and great handle Rainman "1 of 1" .. Your probably right, hope you dont mind if I use/steal it! Ha.. Ha.. G2G absolutely .... Looks as though your just around the bend from my Brothers place in La Conner ... Im up there once in a while. Yeah I also noticed the odd B&C pedal ware ... Dont know?? Anyway finally tracked down the original owner (from Medina) and asked him about it .... he said no problems with anything on the vehicle whatsoever ... He really loved it and took excellent care but traded it in for a Street Rod he couldn't do without at a dealer in Calif. ... then an immediate wholesale to another dealer in KY. Im getting my travel itinerary put together this week ... Im hoping to be back home with it sometime @ 1st or 2nd week in May ... Look forward to meeting you and your beautiful Red Panel. Regards. DRP
BTW ... Happened to see an very nice 08 Mystique Blue SS 5-speed at Bruce Titus in Black Lake available ...
http://www.olympiaautomall.net/olymp...Make_~Model_/1

Actually check out photo #13 ... looks like the same odd pedal ware ... maybe just guys with long legs!
Hey, sounds like your getting back just in time for a G2G. We're(myself, Rainman, SS Fan, just to name a few) all meeting in Everett, then taking the twisties out to leavenworth on the 3rd. You're more than welcome to join if your back by then. Any questions, feel free to pm me.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the invite Frenchy42 ... Sounds like a great time but dont think 1 of 1 will be here by the 3rd .... i.e. still a bit on the fence whether to fly in and drive or ship but would sure like to get together at another time ... SR-2 is great drive ... make sure you keep all those machines on the road!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 PM

I actually drove that car in Bowling Green a couple of weeks ago. It is in good shape and drove well. Had good power, seemed tight, and I don't remember any rattles. It was the first 5 speed SS I had driven, but neither me or the salesman could get it to go into 5th gear on the test drive. Once back at the lot, a mechanic was able to get it in. I personally think the shifter is not adjusted properly since every other manual I have driven or owned over the years will go into 5th gear when the shifter is as far right as it will go. This one had to be some distance to the left to engage. I'm sure it is a minor thing to get taken car of or maybe they are all that way. I would have tried to buy it if it wasn't a panel as I do need my back seat sometimes. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 PM

Absolutely and thank you for the great information Bluegrass HHR (man I love this site and the HHR community). Wondered if I might talk with you directly as I would be curious to hear the details of your test drive experience .... if you would be so kind. Please check your inbox for my PM ....

5th Gear Followup .... BluegrassHHR was nice enough to give me a call today (1/27) and I had a excellent conversation with him. Judging from what he mentioned (and what the original owner said) I think 1 of 1 is absolutely A-OK with no issues. Sounds as though the shifting pattern might need some slight adjustment and I was also pleased to hear that the clutch was strong, smooth and normal inspite of the odd pedal wear on the B&C pads. Thanks again Scott ... Much appreciated!

Last edited by Baron Rico; 04-27-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:21 PM

Was just checking around and found 2 more available ... after looking for so long a habit now i guess. Ha.. Ha..

Heres a gorgeous Red HHR SS Panel with only 13K on it in Grand Rapids For Sale.
http://www.autozin.com/Chevrolet,19,...--,228802.html

Also another Red SS Panel with 97k in Renton Wa. For Sale.
http://www.easyautosales.com/used-ca...113077733.html

Last edited by Baron Rico; 04-26-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:56 AM

Here's a 2009 panel with 20 miles on it......It's being parted out on E-bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-CHEVY-HHR-20-MILES-POWER-BRAKE-BOOSTER-1078923-/331111899106?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AHHR%7CSubmodel%3ASS&hash=item4d17ce9fe2
Old 04-27-2014, 08:46 AM

Incredible!!! The photos show that the vehicle is not damaged .... why part?? I wonder if its just a come on or what the back story is. Looks like its in South Dakota / Nordstroms Auto Inc. / Ph# 1-866-594-4148 / Stock # 40085 ..... Anyone want to find out the rest of the story?? Great Find HHRNole!

Update: Not open today ... Guess we'll all have to wait till monday .... Heres their website http://www.nordstromsauto.com/ContactUs.aspx
Love the "EWE-Pullet" Ad (halfway down the page) ... Ha.. Ha..
Old 04-27-2014, 03:08 PM

At first I'd say BS, But looking at it I'd say Flood Vehicle. it's still got the yellow tags hanging from the glove box...john

Quick Reply: Found a 2009 HHR SS Panel