General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Found a 2009 HHR SS Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:19 PM

I agree 100% with 2manyvans .... Coincidentally the levy near St Louis Mo. broke in June 2013 and there was very heavy flooding in that area where Sapaugh Motors in Herculaneum, Mo. is located (right next to the Mississippi River). i.e. Vehicle is still carrying their plate logo. Nonetheless with such a rare low prod. # vehicle like this, and with only 20 miles on the clock it sure seems a waste to part it out!!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 PM

How sad would it be, if you bought it new and was saving it forever and the water came along and filled it full of mud and the insurance co. gave you squat for it....john
Old 04-27-2014, 04:51 PM

Baron Rico, I see now what you mean- it looks like it was never titled. Still new!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:02 PM

Very very sad thought John but yeah ... looks as though its never been licensed! BTW ... Just realised that I'll be going right by Garretson, South Dakota on my way back to the Great Pacific NW with 1 of 1 .... the SS Panel I just purchased.
I wonder ??? No ... Better not even think it!!! Ha.. Ha.. Maybe just stop by for a quick look ... Yes??

Last edited by Baron Rico; 04-27-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 AM

Heres "The Rest of the Story" to the 09 Red SS Panel HHRNole found in South Dakota at Nordstroms Auto via eBay ....
Que music and .... "Another One Bites The Dust"!!! Just received an email from Nordstroms saying that at this point there is nothing left of it ... Body has been cut up and sold as well as Interior, Engine, Trans, Wheels & Tires ... Etc. The only thing of any consequence left is the rear axle and trailing arms ... plus a few smaller misc. parts. So ... Like the Police say after a bad accident ..... move on folks, nothing left to see here!!! Ha.. Ha..

However ... I do wonder just how many of the original 216 SS Panels are left now .... any ideas or speculation on this question ???
I did save the photos ... perhaps we should start a DOA list (with photos) for the 216 ... any records or knowledge would be helpful.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 AM

Well ... After much thought I decided to Fly into Nashville on the tail end of the big storm last week. Had everything planned out to pick up my new Mystique Blue HHR SS Panel around 10 Am in Bowling Green Ky and hit the road for home early ... Yes? Wrong ... My flight out of Seattle was delayed over 2.5 Hrs. and we ended up missing the connecting flight in Minneapolis Mn. ..... then sat around almost 5 Hrs for another flight ... finally touched down at my destination late afternoon. Drove about an hour up to the dealership in Kt. and by the time I finished up the car business and did a little shopping for road supplys it was dark and frankly ... the Baron was toasted !! The air travel totally did me in .. Ha.. Ha..
Anyway I got a good 8 Hrs and was on my way, with only 2500 miles to go... Actually I think I ended up making pretty good headway considering going through 3 major cities and a huge amount of road construction in almost all the states I crossed (guess this is the time of year for it) plus fighting a 25-35 mph headwind all the way across South Dakota & part of Wyoming. Nonetheless on my 3rd day of hard driving (14-15 Hrs per day) rolled into a torrential downpour starting at Snoqualmie Pass just east of Seattle on I-90 (hard to believe ... right) and finally tapering off around Olympia ... but the last 50 miles was a piece of cake! All considered I had a great time and drive back home! Just loved the new HHR SS, a real little brute of a vehicle.
Anyway ... as the notorious Geo. Bush Jr. so incorrectly stated ... Mission Accomplished !!! Ha.. Ha..
Heres a few Photos .......
Photo 1 / The Mystique Blue HHR SS Panel patiently waiting for it's new owner/driver in Bowling Green, Kentucky for the trip back home .....
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/redzone/attach/jpg.gif
Photo 2 / Paused somewhere in South Dakota passing the "Personality Test" for the State Trooper (actually a very cool Gent.) However, upon resuming the highway I did make sure that I kept it under 85 mph till I lost sight of him ...Ha.. Ha..
Photo 3 / Finally back home safe & sound in the Great Pacific Northwest ....
Also ... Thanks to all for the nice comments...... Much appreciated!
Attached Images    

Last edited by Baron Rico; 05-10-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 AM

Glad that you and the Mystique Blue SS Panel made it home safely. Sounds like a trip you will not forget...john
Old 05-06-2014, 11:45 AM

2500 miles! And I thought I went too far from Cleveland Ohio to Atlanta Georgia to pick mine up. Congrats on your new ride.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Anybody want a black one ?http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...sting=85129970
Old 05-10-2014, 02:14 AM

Yeah "SS Fan" ... Looks like one Black & two Red SS Panels are still available ...
Chevrolet HHR Panel For Sale
Im no expert but the pinstripe on the Black one looks like some aftermarket application, not factory ... A bit over the top for me but im sure it could be removed if desired! Nonetheless, all considered ... pretty clean and not a bad asking price to start off negotiations. I guess the Red one in Renton, Wa. has had a recent (new or used?) engine replacement and is chipped .... Hmmm.

Quick Reply: Found a 2009 HHR SS Panel