General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thread Closing Binge

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Yes , we just got this going yesterday, and Ive had one OP find his ad caught up in the move, his ad has been moved back , if you find any other collateral damage please PM me and I will fix it!!

Thanks again for your understanding and feedback
Old 11-17-2015, 07:55 AM

OldBlue, Make sure to uncheck the trail that it leaves that its been moved. Kind of defeats the purpose of moving all those threads when the Classifieds is still full of "This post has been moved threads"
Old 11-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Administrator

I've addressed this with Administrative powers . And we're working on it.
Thanks for your patience
Old 11-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Deceased

For the time being, make all the currently active Ads a "Sticky" Oldblue, that way they'll always be above the Closed Threads with the Redirects into the Inactive Sub-Forum.

I'll try to come up with a more elegant patch over the weekend. These "three day" work-weeks until Michelle's Chemo is done won't leave tons of time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for diving under the Site's hood.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Copy that oh fearless one, will do.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:24 AM
Deceased

Fearless one?

You've never been married to a French Woman then?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:03 AM

I spend about as much time on Craig's List as I do this Forum and they don't seem to have this problem. After a specified length of time the thread(item) just disappears from listings and if the OP wants to relist it he or she just goes to their account and re-lists item. The wheel has already been invented why not simply use it?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Administrator

As a matter of fact , my first wife was French.
Craig's list has their wheel we have ours , we have had the 60 day rule for quite some time,
If a seller wants to keep up the ad , then keep it active with a bump ! But many of these threads are open with no response from the OP to PM's or questions about the item or shipping. Sometimes I think the OP posted the ad and then maybe sold the item on Craig's list or eBay and forgot to come back and let us know.
I'm going to get this cleared up and keep it cleared up!
Active ads will have a sticky to keep them at the top of the list and if sold , the OP has to let me know.
I will then remove the sticky and close the ad , then move it to the inactive ad area for future reference.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Deceased

Aaack!

08LaRam, you're a great Member, and a super person, but please don't compare our nice friendly Site to the cesspit that is Craig's List.

If the Internet had a virtual garbage strewn back alley, that place is it. Talk about the Wild West, last year a Charlotte Police Seargent responded to an add on That Site for a used i-Pad, he met the "seller" in a pre-arranged location at a busy gas station. And he didn't get the i-Pad, instead he took three rounds to the chest, and they stole his car.

Thankfully, he survived his injuries and is back on duty.

That's why we have rules in place for conducting business here, and that's why Oldblue volunteered to handle the policing of the Classifieds/Marketplace Sub-Forum.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:41 AM

I am not comparing this site to Craig's List I only mentioned their way of handling a particular situation and I really don't see how the incident you outlined, although agreeably tragic, has anything to do with the topic at hand.
This may all work out in the long run and I hope it will. In the meantime click on the current Classified Section and tell me how you like it. With that I'll give you the last say if you want it as I have said all I have to say on the subject.

Quick Reply: Thread Closing Binge