GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by taz3
Oh great I read 21 pages of this only to find out, we're out of ice cream

I had a weird experience at the dealer near me. I learnt of the recall and called to make an appointment back in Oct 2014 and brought my HHR in, in Nov, 1 hour later I was on my way home. When I signed off on the work order, I asked to make an appointment for HHR #2, the wife's. They said they'd call me when the parts arrived, a month went by with no calls, so I called them. They said my HHR was already serviced, and I explained I owned 3, they verified the VIN and said the needed to order parts. To make a long story short after three months of convincing them I own more then 1 HHR, they figured it out and serviced the second one.

My dealer seemed very reluctant to give out a loaner or rental, but my bigger issue is, what about undear age drivers, are they entitled to a rental/loaner vehicle? The reason I ask is, my daughter who drives is 19 and I have a greater amount of concern for her in a vehicle with potential issues this recall covers. Her and my son share a Cobalt they recently purchased and we come to find out the ignition has not been replaced.
Hello taz3,

I apologize for any inconveniences associated with your family's recalls.

Because dealerships are independently owned and operated, the rules regarding loaners are at their discretion. If you'd like, I'm happy to reach out to your dealership to ask about their policy with age. Additionally, I'm able to help schedule a service appointment for your daughter and son's Cobalt recall, as well as the appointment for your 3rd HHR if you haven't done so already.

If interested, please PM my team with the VIN of your daughter and son's Cobalt, and/or the VIN of your HHR, in addition to your contact information and name of dealership.

Regards,

Amanda K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Thank you Amanda, I forwarded the info via pm.