GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM

We're happy to hear that you got your vehicle serviced for the recall, reelhhr09. Feel free to follow up with us in regard to your dealer visit. If you have further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Might as well go for a soda!!! and a butternut ripple 3 scoop waffle cone!!
I got my recall done last April still no issues and not problems with the ESC /ABS lights, I don't have the ABS brakes so maybe that's the solution to the problem , Can I get that soda Sarsaprilla or branch , or maybe Black Cherry!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:40 AM

I bought my 2011 panel LS about then. I called the local dealer and they said they would order a kit for me. I asked about getting steering wheel switches installed at the same time.

After they investigated they told me there was no kit for them. I asked if they could order the parts individually. They said they don't usually do mods without a GM kit but they would try. Finally they said two of the parts were discontinued and they couldn't get them. So I said okay fine. The radio's right there anyway, I don't even have to lean over to play with it.

I just made an appointment for the first slot they had first thing in the morning. I was back home in an hour and a half. It's been four months or so with no problems. Except the new ignition is stiffer and a tiny bit harder to get the key in.

I used to be able to just put it there and turn the key til it lined up and it would just slide right in. Now I have to lean over and look to get it lined up first. Then it goes in.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 AM

If you were to use the search tool, you would easily find the never ending thread on how to add radio buttons.

Parts are available on eBay. Screwdrivers can be found at drugstores.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

I never have to look to aim, it just goes in like it is supposed to.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

A couple of posts ALMOST sound obscene
Old 10-17-2014, 05:47 PM

That's what she said. To both!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:12 PM

I was a little reluctant to have the recall work done because I wasn't having a problem. Then GM offered the $25 Gift Card incentive, so I went ahead. I read other posts about the liability issue during resale (I plan to keep my HHR for a LOOOONG time, though) and this influenced my decision also.

My dealer did an excellent job as they always do. Everything, including the door and glove box, works smoothly. They also completed the Power Steering job which I didn't even know about.

Last edited by SlickRick2; 12-28-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:16 AM

Oh great I read 21 pages of this only to find out, we're out of ice cream

I had a weird experience at the dealer near me. I learnt of the recall and called to make an appointment back in Oct 2014 and brought my HHR in, in Nov, 1 hour later I was on my way home. When I signed off on the work order, I asked to make an appointment for HHR #2, the wife's. They said they'd call me when the parts arrived, a month went by with no calls, so I called them. They said my HHR was already serviced, and I explained I owned 3, they verified the VIN and said the needed to order parts. To make a long story short after three months of convincing them I own more then 1 HHR, they figured it out and serviced the second one.

My dealer seemed very reluctant to give out a loaner or rental, but my bigger issue is, what about undear age drivers, are they entitled to a rental/loaner vehicle? The reason I ask is, my daughter who drives is 19 and I have a greater amount of concern for her in a vehicle with potential issues this recall covers. Her and my son share a Cobalt they recently purchased and we come to find out the ignition has not been replaced.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:34 AM

Seems like insurance would be the only issue. You would need to read your or the owner's policy.
Normally a loaner is really a rental. So those rules apply.

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...