GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

Wait for it... wait for it....... Chevy Customer Service coming to tell you give them some info, and they are still unable to do anything for you other than tell you to take it in to the dealer and they will "talk with them"... My words aren't good enough?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:32 AM

As I understand it from the letter I got, recall proceedure is something like, you arrange to have the parts delivered to your dealer. When the dealer gets it, they call you to arrange an appointment. You go get it done. They stop sending weekly "please let us fix your car before you die" letters.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Premium Member

something like that
Old 09-27-2014, 05:57 PM

19 pages have not answered that?
Scrolling is such a burden.
I knew I shouldn't have looked.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJBoxer1
After I took my 2006 HHr LT1 with 30,000 miles on it, after they replace my ignition, I went to leave and notice that the Traction lamp & Malfunction lamp was on, and did not go out, after sitting there for a few minutes sitting there, I went back into the dealer and told the service person, he came out and look at it, then he went and got the scanner, he turn the codes off, then said if they come back on to call and setup an appointment to get it look at a little bit more deeper, the lamps did come back on so I called to setup an appointment, when I told the service person on the phone what happen, he replied that replacing the ignition switch had nothing to do with the lamps coming on, when I took my car there nether lamps where on, but after service the 2 lamps came on, now it look like I will be paying them for something that was working fine until the replace the ignition.
The ignition switch has ABSOLUTELY no connection to the ABS or the ESC systems. Are you implying they sabotaged your car?

T
Old 09-28-2014, 01:33 PM

07azhhr boy you hit the head on the nail!!!!! Why don is a moderator ill never understand. he's one reason I don't post much if at all
Old 09-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Banned

Perhaps the more appropriate thing to do would be to keep the discussion on topic, and any problems message him, another mod, or the Admin here for problem resolution......
Old 09-28-2014, 01:38 PM

Sorry all just had enough, 843 how do you let this keep happining???
Old 09-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Deceased

OK, perhaps a reminder of what I said back in Post #175 is needed, because after a nice day spent taking my Son to see Thomas The Tank Engine...I come home to this mess.

"We've devolved here into an unproductive argument rather than a reasoned discussion, unfortunately it's not the first time.

Rather than closing the thread again, I would like to see it return to civility.

This recall mess has gone on too long, GM bungled things more than once, and dealers have bungled things too. The net result is an undercurrent of frustration, anger, panic, and a loss of faith in GM.

Let's not take our frustrations out on each other, be it between members or members and Moderators."

As to who is a Moderator here, and why. They are individuals selected for their dedication to the site, willingness to help out, and their knowledge of HHR's.

Now a reminder of our site rules in regards to the direction this thread has taken.

"No flaming or trolling - Be respectful of other posters and please keep discussions tasteful. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars (ie: religion, abortion, racism, politics, illegal conduct, and so on). Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.

Conflicts – All conflicts should be resolved in private via PM, email, or IM. Do not drag your personal conflicts on the forums. Do not make prejudicial or hateful remarks, threats of physical or other harm, threats concerning personal data, or objectionable language."

So please use this thread as it was intended, and handle yourselves with the maturity I believe we all possess here.

In other words....

Enough Already!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:24 PM

I made no threats

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...