GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member

Jay.......

I don't know what else to tell you.......YOU ARE STILL NOT UNDERSTANDING what I and several others are trying to tell you. THERE is NO RECALL on the 2006 and 2007 HHR EPS systems. HOWEVER, they have including a lifetime replacement warranty on those cars IF there is a failure of that MOTOR on those cars. It is more or less a goodwill gesture and this repair is covered by a separate AND DIFFERENT BULLETIN.

Some dealers, I am told, are not aware of this separate provision and need to be informed and provided the written copy and/or the bulletin number (I would provide the copy of the bulletin that was provided by donbrew, highlighting the last sentence pertaining to the 2006-2007 HHR's, especially if they see the NHSTA name on it).

As an alternative request Chevrolet Customer Service help from the rep on this forum.

Don't know what else to tell you....I out of this topic.

Last edited by Snoopy; 06-06-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling there, their, they're
Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Just junk the dam thing, it's more hassle than it's worth. And you are convinced that it's trying to kill you. How many other forums are you complaining on? I say "complaining" because you don't seem to want to accept any advice from us. Why keep posting the same complaints over and over again in different threads?

IF it's broken, they will fix it for free. The problem is showing that it's broken. They will NOT replace it just because.

If the code has been set it may still be in memory, the historic/permanent codes usually clear themselves after several warm up cycles, I don't know about this particular one.

There's got to be a "I hate GM" forum for you to vent on. If you want advice we are here for you.

I am getting bored now.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by DaytonaBlueMetallic
This has quickly become the recall venting thread....
I understand the wait. I don't blame the dealership for not having parts, but it IS a pain when you've been put into a car (Chevy loaner) that DOES NOT fit your lifestyle (or fuel budget.) I'm going on 3 weeks with a V6 Silverado crew cab.... I MISS MY 30+ Per gallon!!! I swear I've spent an entire paycheck on the gas alone waiting for my car.

Why don't you take the rental back and change it for something new?

I went and dropped my 09 SS off today and got a rental. They tried to give me a truck first, I told them no way im driving that thing. I'm not going from 28mpgs to 16mpgs mixed driving. They gave me a chevy captiva LTZ instead. I'm going to drive this for a few weeks and then go see if I can get a buick regal. I'm almost tempted to trade this in for "employee pricing" on a new regal turbo.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by f4tal
Why don't you take the rental back and change it for something new?

I went and dropped my 09 SS off today and got a rental. They tried to give me a truck first, I told them no way im driving that thing. I'm not going from 28mpgs to 16mpgs mixed driving. They gave me a chevy captiva LTZ instead. I'm going to drive this for a few weeks and then go see if I can get a buick regal. I'm almost tempted to trade this in for "employee pricing" on a new regal turbo.
"They didn't have anything else" at first, then they offered me an XTerra... Not much better on mileage.

Had it for two months, now I have to take the car back because there was other damage done while the car was at the dealer.

Luckily, while the car was encarcerated, I bought a Mercedes... So the truck sat for the last week. I won't need a loaner this time.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:43 AM

Took my 2009 HHR LT, in for my appt. for the ignition recall replacement. Love the guys and gals at Burritt Chevrolet in Oswego, NY. They brought my car in, and the mechanic was working on it, and the new part, LOCKED UP! Here is the worst part, they contacted the parts place at GM, and they said the part cannot be rushed and that I'll just have to wait! I might be without my car for 2 weeks or more! Come on GM! Not very happy, and my HHR is one of the ones with a recall on the power steering also. Been wondering if the power steering part, when it can be ordered will not work also. I was worried about the parts , because so many had to be made. What about quality control? I miss Stella(my HHR's name) already. I have a loaner HHR, and I hate it, hate the color, hate where the window buttons are. I'm supposed to be getting a different loaner today or tomorrow. GM, please get your act together. I had no problems with Stella, before the part replacement.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 AM

Jeez, after reading some other's experiences...I feel pretty lucky. I took my HHR in on Sat. after receiving the recall postcard via snail mail. No appt. in advance, and I was fully prepared to get the run around...but instead completely the opposite. A girl took my recall card & started getting me checked in while a service advisor finished with another customer. 10 minutes later, I met with the advisor & he told me right then. "We'll get you into a loaner & get your HHR all fixed up, but parts are being made to order with each VIN and it may be 4-6 weeks till she is fixed." He made it seem like once the vehicle is checked in, it cannot leave until repaired due to safety & liability issues.

Thankfully, they put me in a 2014 Sonic LT (with only 5 miles!), which should get about the same mileage, probably slightly better. So...while it isn't my HHR, it could be much worse. :)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:49 PM

Burritts just called around 5, said come down we have a different car for you to drive. A Chevy Sonic, with all the bells and whistles, with only 4,000 miles on it. They are supposed to know more about my parts status tomorrow. Cute car, but I miss "Stella".
Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM

Brand new things to complain about? I just hate it when a company tries to do the right thing!

BTW, did you EVER have a problem with the old part?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM

As I stated above, "I had no problems with Stella, before I took it to get the part replaced".
Old 06-18-2014, 06:23 AM

That's what I meant. It wasn't broken, they tried to make good on a potential problem, something went wrong. You get a free loaner and complain about the WINDOW SWITCHES and COLOR. We call that nit-picking in Virginia.

What does "locked up" mean? Could they have just put the old parts back? I don't understand how the part could be that broken from the factory (I am thinking installer error).

And now you want to worry about a totally unrelated part from a completely different factory. Maybe "number 31" works QC at every factory in the world. (that's an old garment factory joke, remember the number 31 tag in the pocket?)

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...