GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Re keying the cylinder is an incredibly easy job. You just have to put the right length pins into the correct holes (and that is provided from your VIN, that's why they ask before ordering).

Not magic, not even science.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 AM

I stopped at the Chevy dealer two blocks from the house yesterday to order the parts. The young man at the counter was very helpful, asked if I had any questions, advised about the wait and so on. His service manager, was ****ey, talked down to me and was a real dick. He started about how a few people with issues have driven GM to the brink of bankruptcy again and that this recall was a crock. I calmly told him I purchased my '08 in '09, have had no issues and was only coming in so that it can be corrected for the future. I was not looking for a song and dance, I understood the wait and that I was not seeking any special treatment. He started his bull again and I politely informed him that if he logged onto the hhr forums, he, along with any at GM would find out that this has been going on since '06 and his beloved "Government Motors" (he got pissed on that comment) was playing "duck and cover" but was now doing its best to correct the issue. His face got red, he bit his lip and stormed out to the service bays. Oh, this is Page Chevy, in Alexandria Virginia. I thanked the young man at the counter for being very helpful, understanding and professional.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:50 PM

This has quickly become the recall venting thread....
I understand the wait. I don't blame the dealership for not having parts, but it IS a pain when you've been put into a car (Chevy loaner) that DOES NOT fit your lifestyle (or fuel budget.) I'm going on 3 weeks with a V6 Silverado crew cab.... I MISS MY 30+ Per gallon!!! I swear I've spent an entire paycheck on the gas alone waiting for my car.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:19 PM

Yeah DaytonaBlueMetallic it has.

Sounds like a vent, but I was just relaying my interaction. Just went in to do the deal, give no attitude and was met with what I wrote about.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:12 PM

Got my letter for the recall a week or so ago. Called my dealer and they are waiting on the parts. So far no issue with my 2011 HHR. So far I have been happy with my dealer( not my salesman so much ) service dept. They have always been extremely friendly and helpful, not like the OP dealership. I would send a email to GM to complain how rude the Manager was.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 PM

Only took 3 months, but now have recall ignition fixed

Since my dealership closed down in Whiterock, BC, I visited a dealership in Langley. Called about the recall part on March 17th, and I was told to bring my car in on March 26th to the service center. After taking the morning off work, I brought it in at 8:15am. The service guy said the part wasn't in stock (he could of told me over the phone?) and had to order the ignition for the recalled. They said the part would be in the following week. Called the following week and they said the part wasn't in. Waited 2 more weeks and called again. The parts guy said I had no record of me waiting for the part? Customer number but nothing regarding part. Asked them to order again. I then called another dealership and asked to go on the waiting list. Follow up with Dealership B and they said the part was still on order.
On May 16th, I finally got a call from the dealership in Langley. Made an appointment for May 20th and dropped the car off at 12:00. The dealership even comped me a rental car to drive back to work (very appreciated!) It took them 5 hours to replace the ignition part and I now have new keys for the car.
The next day the other dealership called me with the part. I said thank you, but, it's all installed. (I should've called back the next morning)
Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM

I dropped my HHR off two weeks ago because I couldn't even turn the car off. So I just dropeed it off and the service guys told me it might be three weeks to get the part. I said I understood and being I can't turn the key at all, the car wasn't doing me any good. And being I used to work in Audi service, I know how the recall process can work and not being able to get parts, etc... So I called yesterday just to get a status, they asked who I was (last name) and couldn't find me in the system, then they asked what kind of car it was (HHR SS, solid rear quarter, can't be many of those there), I waited on hold for 15 minutes just to be asked those same questions again. So that tells me that the guy can't find me in the system and tells me to just wait till I get a phone call. I almost asked, how are you going to call me if you can't find me in the system or my paperwork. Got to love it.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 AM
JLH

Next time tell him you want to see the owner of the dealership and tell him what an A hole this guy was. I had bought a brand new Pontiac SSE in 1988. It had a moon roof with the headliner you could slide back to have it open. The material was pealing away from the backerboard. They took care of it until I looked down through the top of the car to see how they fixed it . DUCT tape!!!!!! I told the service manager I will go out in your show room and tell everyone what type of service they do here. I said I have a BIG MOUTH and all were going to hear me . Lets say this I got a HOT rental car and they gave me some extra freebies . It took a week but you have to keep a watch of these idiots. So don't be afraid to vent and go to the TOP DOG if needed.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Why don't they just supply new springs, a $0.57 COST???????????????
Old 06-06-2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Jay......I think you are getting "cranky" in your old age.

You did read and understand that, at first, the ignition switch was the only item they were replacing. GM is now replacing the switch AND the ignition under the recall.....so it will take a little more time.
I have received 3 letters and one post card about the switch, my ***** is about the ESP motor I have read the Recall letter called the local dealer he checked my VIN and said no recall om my HHR so I called the 800 number for customer service she said no recall for my HHR suggested I call the National Hwy. Safety Hotline they said it is up GM to decide which HHR will be recalled, I think GM is hopeing the early HHR have crashed or been sold after that person had the ESP motor changed and that person does not have the receipt. Way to go GM

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...