HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

0-60 times

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:40 AM

0-60 times

Hello everyone, haven't been on in a while, I would like some info. on our HHR SS with the GM upgrade 0-60 times. I have found that the stock HHR SS is suppose to be around 6.3. I'm wondering what it would be with the perf. upgrade. I like researching on the web and comparing our HHR's SS with other vehs. I'm guesing it would be around 5.8 or so with the upgrade. No matter what the number, I have found that even the much faster and expensive vehicles only have a second or 2 average over ours. That may be alot on the track but overall with the majority of the bigger players they'll still see ya hanging on in their mirror, not bad for a 120cubic inch engine that still gets over 30mpg. On another note, just got back from Myrtle Beach, drove all the way from MA and saw tons HHRs, but not one SS, I love the rarity of our cars. Well hope all is well with everyone, fall is here and winter will be fast approaching enjoy driving while we can in the northeast.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by corvairman
Hello everyone, haven't been on in a while, I would like some info. on our HHR SS with the GM upgrade 0-60 times. I have found that the stock HHR SS is suppose to be around 6.3. I'm wondering what it would be with the perf. upgrade. I like researching on the web and comparing our HHR's SS with other vehs. I'm guesing it would be around 5.8 or so with the upgrade. No matter what the number, I have found that even the much faster and expensive vehicles only have a second or 2 average over ours. That may be alot on the track but overall with the majority of the bigger players they'll still see ya hanging on in their mirror, not bad for a 120cubic inch engine that still gets over 30mpg. On another note, just got back from Myrtle Beach, drove all the way from MA and saw tons HHRs, but not one SS, I love the rarity of our cars. Well hope all is well with everyone, fall is here and winter will be fast approaching enjoy driving while we can in the northeast.

The 6.3 time is for the 5 speed I believe. I think the auto was around 7. something. I will know for sure once I get my Interceptor gauge. I, too, have been wondering what autos w/ the stage kit can do. As far as rare, I have an 08 Imp. Blue SS two doors down. And another 10 Silver about three streets north of me. But seeing one driving around is extremely rare. It will never be the fastest car but it is the most fun car I have ever driven. Even, after driving a 450 hp-500ft/lb+ stroked 1969 Firebird 400 w/ a 4 speed. A bonus is a lot better street manners and mpg. I keep loving every second with my SS. Hope you and everybody else does the same.

Dave
Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 PM

WIth the upgrade I have heard claims of 5.3-5.8 0-60. A lot has to do with the conditions and driver as not everyone can put the power down.

The first time I drove a new Camaro SS it was a good car but it did not feel all that much more than the HHR SS. The RWD was a blessing.

The HHR SS make for one of the most economical useful daily drivers around.

The key to the SS is the suspension tuning is the best GM has done even better than many past RWD. They made this car tuned to real roads not just the Warren Black Lake.

The car is a real fun point and shot car.

As to seeing them they are few but dependending on where you are they can be seen.

What I like is many people think I built mine as they never knew they made a SS. At first it is why did you put SS emblems on and then I show them the engine. Some are smart enought to see the pillar gauge.