HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Picked up my 09 HHR SS Manual Today!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Ok I got the rear sway bar swapped over. Also swapped my "ONE OFF" ZZP Dual Gauge A-pillar pod w/ Aeroforce Interceptor and Stock Boost Gauge. I can't get the Interceptor to show the temp of the manual transmission, is there not a sender on the F35?

Also bought and installed the ZZP Billet Manual Motor Mount (like $100 cheaper than TTR's part!!??) also got the washers that stabilize the shifter. I need to get a short throw shifter next and I am thinking that those rotated tranny mounts could prove very important especially if I since I am installing BC Coil-overs here shortly!!

Car is boosting up to about 15-18lbs with the canned GM tune. Definitely going to go with a ZZP tune here once I get enough of the extra mods and what not. Got the 3" Magnaflow Cat back off of my 08, taking the 09 in to get the stock exhaust cut off and placed on the 08, with the 09 getting the Magnaflow Cat back.

Any complaints about crazy droning with the Magnaflow 3" Cat back? It was a little loud on my 08 but that's because I had no resonators or cats. How does the Magnaflow sound on a stick car (running higher RPMs typically which is what worries me but if I remember the cat back was only really loud around 2000rpm
Old 09-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

Sounds like an awesome build you have going here! Glad to see someone out there having fun with their SS's!

Holy s**t! I just looked at your SIG.. OMG! I wish I had $9k... I want it.... lol
Old 09-21-2014, 12:34 PM

Yea I need the AUTO sold. It is decked out and needs a good home to someone that just wants something turnkey....I want to get my stick up to 300+whp/350+wtq
Old 09-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

I want something turn key in a bad way, but I just don't have the $9k lying around. lol. I am driving a Stick right now, but I thought about an SS Auto when buying 4 years ago.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 PM

Auto is sold

Installed Coilovers with a few issues, adjusting some stuff this weekend including the rear height, front is good but I installed the isolators upside down so I am going to fix that. Looks like the front sway bar end links got loose and were making some horrible noises up front. Going to get under the car about 500 miles after the coilover work. I did have a rear shock bolt back itself out within 200 miles which was quickly solved but gave me a scare.

The tranny in my car is loud, especially in the reverse, not gear whine, just a lot of clicking when the clutch is getting engaged. Doesnt seem to have this issue with the forward gears.

Swapped over the ZZP intake before selling the auto and it is running hit or miss right now. I think the intake is just enough to put it into some sort of "half" limp mode. "Full" limp mode to me is refusing to boost at all, this is boosting but only to about 10psi and feels like a turd. Going to ZZP next week to get the intake fixed (tab broke that holds it to the motor, causing more noise in the front end do to motor movement) they are going to either re-weld the tab or replace it. At the same time I will get their 1.0 tune so that I can have this intake issue out of the way and get a bunch more power.

Changed plugs today and just cannot trust these Autolite plugs. I think I am going to trash all 6 new ones and go with stock GM plugs, they have always been the best and I cannot get a set of Autolites that will not Misfire. I am going to go and exchange the ones I have, throw them in and if I have a misfire again I will never use an autolite iridium plug in an LNF motor again.

Trying to figure out the next step, I'm going to get a full IC/piping kit and install that along with my depos, and remove the front license plate bracket all in one swoop because I know taking these front covers on and off more than once is basically a death sentence to the front clip.

Still have stainless steel brake lines that need to go on, debating when to put those on, I also want to figure out a better shifter. Whether to try this "ZZP short shifter mod" which doesn't really seem to do much via the instructions or to truly buy a short throw shifter. They seem to be very pricey for what you get and that is my only complaint and reason why I even consider the ZZP shifter mod. Already have their stainless shifter mounts that are suppose to stiffen the throws up more since stock is rubber.

My one big complaint as of now with the manual is the vibration difference when I installed the motor mount. I get a lot more vibration through the cabin and exhuast that I ever did on my auto. IDK if the ZZP motor mount is inferior to the TTR mount or if it is just a manual thing but it is annoying to hear all the plastic interior vibrate at certain RPM's or downshifts.