Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New to the forum from Va.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 09:42 AM

New to the forum from Va.

Hello, I found an HHR that I'm interested in buying and like everything I'm new to I always do alot of research to learn what I'm getting into. The result is I found this site and have learned alot about the HHR that I didn't know.

My grandfather owned the only garage in the town of Greenville throughout the 50's and 60's...Skeeter's Garage. He passed away in 1971 before I was born. So l thought about doing a delivery themed half panel with "Skeeter's Garage" Greenville Va. on the panel.

I only took interest in the HHR by mistake while searching for a cheap economy car on Craigslist after selling my new beetle. I found a cheap HHR but before I could rearange my schedule to go look at it the guy sold it. Must've been the deal of the century. Now with my hopes up I have to find another one.

I've been searching Craigslist and I found alot of low mileage cars pretty cheap. This 09 I'm interested in has 170,000 miles for $3,900 about $2,000 more than some cars with around 100,000 miles. The car is kinda beat up but nothing that can't be fixed. My question is what is a good price point to start negotiating at?

Sorry for the long introduction, I'll try to keep it short and simple from here on out. Anyway, thanks for any imput.

Last edited by 843de; 05-07-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:02 AM

Welcome!

As you already found, there is a lot of information on this site. Also, a lot of nice folks!

Check out cargurus.com

You can input EXACTLY what you are looking for. This is a huge site.

I know there are many HHRs with less than 100,000 miles.

Good luck in your search!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! Lots of HHRs available, it just depends which one likes you!! And follows y'all home.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

HHR's are available from the basic LS model up to the SS version. Hard to say what a good price is without knowing exactly what you're looking at.

I agree with LT4Man. Lots of HHR's out there for sale with lower mileage. Look for one that hasn't been "used up" or beat up so much.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Welcome to the site.

HHR's are available from the basic LS model up to the SS version. Hard to say what a good price is without knowing exactly what you're looking at.

I agree with LT4Man. Lots of HHR's out there for sale with lower mileage. Look for one that hasn't been "used up" or beat up so much.

Thanks for the replys, since l'm not familiar with the types I'd guess this one is a basic model with low options. LT? But it does have the low production Passenger Panel option. I feel like I need to save it from uncertainty. I maintain and take pride with everything I own so I know it would have a good home I just don't want to overpay.

I reached out to my dad and asked for his advice (he's a mechanic himself ) and he reminded me that my cousin has one so l called her to ask about thiers... she informed me they bought it when it was one year old (a former rental car) in 2007. She said it still has the original drivetrain with 320,000 miles on the clock. It's an 06.

I believe with everything you gonna have good ones and bad ones but if it lasts that long I'd be happy. I don't plan on taking it across the country anyway. Heres a picture... shes rough but I never bought anything I didn't have to work on...

Old 05-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Administrator

You got a chance at the rare AA5 option, if it's an LT that is the higher end model, if you open the glove box door and on the option label you see FE3 that would confirm it is a 2LT!!
Grab it, work on it when you can and enjoy it!!
My 2007 2.2 Automatic LS window wagon has 212,000 miles and still rockin!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Deceased

aboard!

That AA5 Partial Panel is a rare beasty, if you like it, and it checks out..snap it up!

Oh, after you're here a while, you'll pick up on the lingo, those of us gray haired geezers like me talk in option codes. It's a verbal shorthand that's easy to pick up.

And if you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask, after almost 11 years as The HHR Site...we've seen it all, or close enough to help folks out with issues from the mundane day to day stuff, to the real head scratchers.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Administrator

And we know how to keep it clean and drive it often!!
Attached Thumbnails New to the forum from Va.-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Oldblue; 05-06-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 PM

The HHR is a nice car, i purchased mine in October of 2015. Just do what you would do for every car you look into purchasing and check for rattling while its running and driving, test her out and check the handling, look under the car etc. This forum is good for figuring out problems so if you decide to purchase it, we are here to help attack the situation.
Heres my HHR
Attached Thumbnails New to the forum from Va.-imag1704.jpg  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:36 PM

Thanks agian for the Welcoming, guys. I guess I found out rather quickly after searching on CL for an AA5 in three states and only foud 2 for sale out of probably about 500.

I'm gonna go look at it next weekend (it's about 2 hours away from me) and make him an offer. The guys a dealer and I think he got it at an auction so I'll bet he has alot of room to move from that price.

I usually go all in when I get attached to a project. I've been looking at various add ons and custom parts and I really like the Rally wheels for these cars. I've been looking on google images and seeing what people have done to theirs also. It's definitely been alot of fun, it's given me alot of good ideas from mild to wild.

Quick Reply: New to the forum from Va.