Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Dome Light and Radio Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White
My understanding is it is only the MY 2009 and forward that has the inability to adjust volume. Verify your radio is not a Delphi - somewhere on it you will find Delphi on one of the many stickers. Of course you will have to remove the radio to examine it.

ChevyMgr and I went around and around in this thread:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/turn-signal-chime-%96-not-loud-enough-22327/
about my inability to adjust the “Chimes” until he found the Service Bulletin you pasted above.

My chimes are way too low; I cannot hear the turn signals at speed or with the radio on. Sitting at a stoplight is OK. Yes, I do have a hearing loss (explosion), but I’ve never had this problem with any other vehicle. By the way it is not only the turn signal chimes I can not hear.

If this is not your problem, then as noted above you may have a malfunctioning radio.
It sounds like I do judging from the time that my HHR was built maybe.

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to take out the radio. I'd probably tear everything up trying to do it!

Thanks

Blue
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Platinum Member

Here is a link to some instructions you might find handy that details the steps needed to remove the radio - it's fairly easy if you follow the steps carefully - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...=radio+removal see about the 3rd and 4th posts. :)
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

BlueLightning......

You probably need to determine which radio you have, first.

Look on your passenger side glove box door for the RPO list sticker. See if any of theses are listed.....

US8, US9, UUI

Those are the codes for the available radios for the HHR. When you find 1 of those codes, match it with the information list in the above post.

Since your vehicle is a 2009, looks like if you have the US8 (or possibly the US9) you DO NOT have access to the chimes. IF you have the UUI, you SHOULD HAVE access to the adjustment chimes feature.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Just for Reference

If my memory serves me correctly my 2009 was built in September of 2008 and has the RPO code of "US8" for the radio. I do not have the ability to adjust the chimes and I know it to be a Delphi radio. Those made prior to Delphi taking over did have the ability to adjust the chimes.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM

light on radio not going off
Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by joehhr
light on radio not going off
Is there a question in that OR is it just a statement. If it is a question, what is the question......what light are you speaking of.....the security light, display? And you should PROBABLY start your own thread and state your problem, providing details of your vehicle.......year, model, radio type. Provide more details regarding the issue.....it helps to provide suggestions for a possible solution.

Your STATEMENT has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. So having your own thread will probably get more responses than burying it in this one.