Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > Specific Technical Discussion > Tires & Wheels > Bolt pattern for wheels
-

Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #1

Member #: 17539
Check out my gallery 
Bolt pattern for wheels

Is the bolt pattern for an 06 the same as the 09? 5 X 110?
kenh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
Yes it is.

I had a mechanoid friend once who suffered from the same affliction. His name was Gilbert, but he preferred it if people called him "Rameses Niblick the Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble?". A sad case. - Kryten the Mechanoid(Red Dwarf)
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Banned

Member #: 7316
Check out my gallery 
with a 40mm offset
bartSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Premium Member

Member #: 23570
Check out my gallery 
Can someone explain what an offset is? I've not understood that
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
Wheel offset is the amount the center of the wheel is offset from the center line of the wheel, this picture will help explain it. Front wheel drive vehicles have the wheel centers offset to the outside of the wheel(positive offset), rear drive vehicles have it usually centered(zero offset) or offset to the rear of the wheel(negative offset).
Attached Images

I had a mechanoid friend once who suffered from the same affliction. His name was Gilbert, but he preferred it if people called him "Rameses Niblick the Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble?". A sad case. - Kryten the Mechanoid(Red Dwarf)
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Premium Member

Check out my gallery 
Thank you 843
Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #7

Member #: 19723
Check out my gallery 
And.............. That picture should explain exactly why RWD wheels can't be used on FWD cars....... No matter how cool deep dish wheels would look on an HHR.

____ ***** October 2010 featured HHR ***** ____

>> 2.4L, GMPP, Trifecta, Ground Force/Progress suspension <<
Greybeard999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

Member #: 21748
Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard999 View Post
And.............. That picture should explain exactly why RWD wheels can't be used on FWD cars....... No matter how cool deep dish wheels would look on an HHR.
But note that offset is measured from the center of the wheel. Therefore, a wider wheel will have more "dish" than a more narrow wheel with identical offset (and the amount of the additional dish will be half the amount of the difference in width between the two wheels). Also, a wheel like the Wheel Vintiques looks "deeper" than a cast wheel for a couple of reasons beyond width. One, the thickness of the wheel center is less on a steel wheel than on a cast wheel - thus the distance from the plane of the outer rim to the face of the wheel is more (because the face of the wheel is considerably thinner). Second, Wheel Vintiques did a great job of "reverse dishing" the center so that it connects to the outer rim deeper in the wheel than on a cast wheel (again, being steel this is easier to do because all the thicknesses are less). This gives you more rim sticking out from where the center connects, thus giving a deeper look visually. So the Wheel Vintiques Smoothie and Rallye both appear to be more of a "chrome reverse" style than about any other wheel on the market for our cars, thus giving you more of that vintage deep dish look.

Now, is anyone interested in buying 4 absolutely perfect stock SS wheels/tires with 5K miles on them in the Denver metro area so I can go buy me a set of Chrome Rallye wheels and baby moons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarff on HHR SS View Post
This is a style car, not a frigging hot rod.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #9

Member #: 25400
Check out my gallery 
rims (cheap)

im looking for four rims that will fit on my 07 hhr lt that i will put snows on and what are the reasonable best snows, also then i'll need some touring s that give me good mileage and stability mostly hi-way in both areas of driving i'm thinking of going to 15 inch for the snows i have 16 inch now for summer
john whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
Premium Member

Check out my gallery 
Welcome John. Blizzaks are good from what I hear. Also, I recommend a set of 16" steel rims that come on the LS. They are just gloss/matte black color. Some people here are trying to sell theirs. Fair warning. From a dealer, they are about $130-145 per rims.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 AM

submit to reddit