War Stories HHR vs all

2010 HHR SS trade for firehawk ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 PM

2010 HHR SS trade for firehawk ?

So this guy likes my SS
He has a 10th anniversary fire hawk with 70,000 miles
1 of 91 , said I'd trade the 92 RS camaro ,he said and howmuch cash ?
I tell him I o on the hhr , how bought a trade , his eyes lite up and he says - strait up ? I may end up with a 2013 flex turbo and a Firehawk .
Ok ,it's probally one or the other , but a guy can dream . Yes?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Deceased

Oh OK, Firehawk by Pontiac, sorry but I'd forgotten them.

Being that they are scarce, and sometimes faked, you might see if these guys have it listed on their registry.

http://www.firehawkowners.com/

Just can't see you retiring the Batride.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 AM

Good point about seeing if its real or not.
Fire hawks where cool in the day but
In my opinion I like the Hhr ss better.
Also in my opinion the new camaros ss and zl1 camaros.have heart the value of the firehawk .kind of like the corvettes with the 2014 stingray coming out.
There will never be another Hhr ss. Not sure when gm will make a versatile performance car again.
Just can't see ya parting with the bat ride but its your choice.

Last edited by bigjacksauto; 06-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Administrator

I'd keep the SS
Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 AM

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=370842393371
Does not look like they are worth what I thought.
I may be wrong but I think they made more than what the owner told you.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Deceased

I think they made something like less than 200 of them, and I just couldn't see trading an HHR for a creaky squeaky F-Body of possibly questionable value and history.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
There will never be another Hhr ss. It sure when gm will make a versatile performance car again.
And yet there will never be another Firehawk either, ESPECIALLY since it is now from a defunct company.

The Firehawk is a much better deal for you. As cool as the SS is, it is still "only" a turbo 4 cylinder, that we are all seeing them start to have little problems with as the miles get higher.

As far as faking one, you could always do a vin check before you buy it, but that is not a car that people would usually bother to fake. By the time they invested the money into changing it to a Firehawk, they wouldn't really get a return on their money.

If this is the Formula version and not the T/A version, they are very rare. You didn't say what year it was, but with the production number that you listed, I'm going to say that it must be a 2001? The only year that had a lower production was 2000.

One final thought............. If people are using Ebay for checking the validity of a car's value, that's really not a good way to research a car.

Unless you have some crazy emotional attachment to the HHR, take the car for a test drive and if it feels solid and everything checks out, do the trade and never look back. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

Good luck with whatever you choose to do
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM

The 1 of 91 probably means vehicles made with that particular color/interion/trans combination etc. not total number of vehicles. People state that sort of thing all the time on the 04-06 GTO site.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
And yet there will never be another Firehawk either, ESPECIALLY since it is now from a defunct company.

The Firehawk is a much better deal for you.Based on what As cool as the SS is, it is still "only" a turbo 4 cylinderIt may be a just a turbo 4 cylinder but it is also a DFI motor that can easily make as much or more power than the firehawks 335 or so horsepower,Lets not forget the 35 mpg that the ss can pull down as well, that we are all seeing them start to have little problems with as the miles get higher.Hmm how about the issues that a 2001 pontiac would have in comparison.

As far as faking one, you could always do a vin check before you buy it, but that is not a car that people would usually bother to fake. By the time they invested the money into changing it to a Firehawk, they wouldn't really get a return on their money.

If this is the Formula version and not the T/A version, they are very rare. You didn't say what year it was, but with the production number that you listed, I'm going to say that it must be a 2001? The only year that had a lower production was 2000.

One final thought............. If people are using Ebay for checking the validity of a car's value, that's really not a good way to research a car. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay as we all know I have seen a couple for sale in the listed elsewher around the ebay price range no one is rushing to buy them and I know that the batride at least at this point is worth more

Unless you have some crazy emotional attachment to the HHR, take the car for a test drive and if it feels solid and everything checks out, do the trade and never look back. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!This is why I said over and over in my post in my opinion,He could regret the gas mileage and the horsepower or he could love it.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT
There is always a replacement for displacement just ask these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD6GYNZzvoU nitrous single turbo twin turbos Supercharger.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do
My Opinions once again are in red above Guess I am just saying after years of working on my cars friends cars and customers cars, from daily drivers down to 7 second street cars I was just stating my opinion. the firehawk unfortunatley is not worth what I had hoped to see it worth today.
The horsepower game is on the factory is building more and HP and gas mileage. Unfortunatley a used 2010 camaro ss can be picked up for not a whole lot of money and once again in my opinion looks and performance the camaro has it all over the firehawk. its too bad we did not see a firebird come out with the new gen camaro.
Not trying to start or finish an argument here just want to be clear if you like the firehawk have it checked over thorougly.
Leak down test, Compression test.check for signs of head gasket issues etc.The ones that I saw back then where being beet on pretty well.
Dont get me wrong I am Chevy v-8 guy still and still enjoy building race/street motors and installing superchargers and nitrous but I am starting to feel like a dinosaur with some of the things coming out these days.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Not trying to start or finish an argument here just want to be clear if you like the firehawk have it checked over thoroughly.
I understand you are just stating your opinions and I'm cool with that. I don't agree with them and could counter every one of them with my opinion, but like you said, we don't need to argue

That's what I love about stuff like this, we can all differ in opinion and not need to fight about it. On some forums, what I said or what you said afterwards would have started major crap

For the record though, I've owned around 20 Camaros (currently have a '69) and I still think after the first generation, the Firebirds were better than the Camaros in every way

Quick Reply: 2010 HHR SS trade for firehawk ?