2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

2.0 Performance Parts Listing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM

It's two and a half years later from the first post.
When you go to the Hahn link and look for HHR SS stuff, It still says "coming soon".
I got my doubts on that issue.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM

if you're waiting for Hahn to come out with something for the HHR SS........... you'll die before the part is made.

plus they're very expensive, you can get better parts thru other shops.

anything in particular you're looking for?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Premium Member

ADM went to your page don't see how to find any HHR stuff would like to know about Aeroforce guages
Old 04-01-2011, 05:04 PM

ADM doesnt do HHR SS stuff anymore....I'm getting my Aeroforce gauges for $200 delivered from http://www.stylintrucks.com/?scid=SG...FUVqKgod_GOKqg
Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 PM

"Directed" Cold air intake (Airbox delete kit) from clear image automotive:

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...air_intake.php

I have a custom Secret Weapon Cold air intake system with electric turbonater charger but currently haveing issues with running to rich. Probably the heat shroud I have is restricting my filter. Plan on buying this set up but useing an AEM dry filter or a Spectre Cone Filter for massive air.

NOTE TO ALL HHR SS owners: If you want to greatly increase whp with your cold air intakes.... use heat shield tape (2000 degrees protection) and wrap every single tube the air is going to pass through. This is the only way to get TRUE cold air. You should be pulling in 60- 70 degree air on a 80-90 degree day with heat shield tape. Found at your local automotive store (autozone, advanced auto parts, napa and so on). I would even recomend wraping the heat shield with this stuff.

Another quick tip is Aluminum tubing is always cooler than plastic or steel tubing at op temp.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Actually steel has less heat soak than aluminum

And you are running rich because if you are untuned then your computer is compensating for the extra air with more fuel

And if you are tuned then you weren't tuned properly for the intake
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B
"Directed" Cold air intake (Airbox delete kit) from clear image automotive:

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...air_intake.php

I have a custom Secret Weapon Cold air intake system with electric turbonater charger but currently haveing issues with running to rich. Probably the heat shroud I have is restricting my filter. Plan on buying this set up but useing an AEM dry filter or a Spectre Cone Filter for massive air.

NOTE TO ALL HHR SS owners: If you want to greatly increase whp with your cold air intakes.... use heat shield tape (2000 degrees protection) and wrap every single tube the air is going to pass through. This is the only way to get TRUE cold air. You should be pulling in 60- 70 degree air on a 80-90 degree day with heat shield tape. Found at your local automotive store (autozone, advanced auto parts, napa and so on). I would even recomend wraping the heat shield with this stuff.

Another quick tip is Aluminum tubing is always cooler than plastic or steel tubing at op temp.
Maybe I'm confused, but how do you expect to pull 60-70* air into an intake on an 80-90* day above a 190* engine?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Hearse
Actually steel has less heat soak than aluminum

And you are running rich because if you are untuned then your computer is compensating for the extra air with more fuel

And if you are tuned then you weren't tuned properly for the intake
Actually I am tuned and I added to my cold air intake system. I know you have to compensate on t/c and s/c systems. But thanks anyways.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Maybe I'm confused, but how do you expect to pull 60-70* air into an intake on an 80-90* day above a 190* engine?
Least someone gets it!

Wrap and heat shields used on track and race cars cause of heat soak not cause of difference while racing
This forum has some intelligence and what seems a lot of Honda racers :)
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Complete insulated heat shielding on every air induction tubing to include air box or shroud and the filter or air duct tube pulling from inner fender away from engine heat. Oh and a larger intercooler with spray nozzles, either CO2 or ice water. I imagine that would do it. The air IS cooled down alot by the intercooler alone. Hence the reason why there is an intercooler due to turbo heat... Did I miss something or can you come up with a better solution? CO2 fog system maybe..... I don't have any of this stuff installed but I bet money it would cool air down to that temp easily. Haveing a better/upgraded turbo would even help. Less restriction, less work... faster induction. But hey this is a thread on websites for parts. I just added to my post to help out people tuneing their HHR. Either way, my original post in this thread and the info will and would still help improve performance on their vehicle...... Am I lieing?

Quick Reply: 2.0 Performance Parts Listing