2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Does anyone have a good dealer in or around NYC to install GMPP Stg 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Does anyone have a good dealer in or around NYC to install GMPP Stg 1

I will be ordering my kit from crate engine depot on Monday but I don't know where to take the car for the install. I called 3 local dealers and 2 quoted me 3 hours labor and one told me we don't do that work here. I spoke to Tom at Crateenginedepot and he says with the new harness kit it should be no more than one hour labor at the most. One guy told me he gets 2 hours just to flash and ecu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Adam
Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 AM

not too close, but I used Barton Birks in Newburgh with good result. I think some other people on here have too.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call Monday. Do u remember how much they charged you?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:35 PM

keep in mind they are about 100 miles & at least 2 hours away...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Not to cause trouble by why not a after market tune
It has been proven the gm tune causes knock :-/
I would advise against it
Old 10-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Lot's of people happy with the GM tune. No knock on mine with 93 octane. Biggest reason is to keep the factory warranty with no questions asked.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
keep in mind they are about 100 miles & at least 2 hours away...
If that's the most qualified dealer nearest to me it's worth the drive. I just drove 1700 miles in 36 hours to get the SS. 850 to Ga then 850 back to Ny. The ride back was so much better then the ride down.

I also agree with Vcode455 warranty is my main concern. I want to be able to go to a dealer and have them fix my car and not be a slave to a speed shop. It's like the best of both worlds, I get to mod the car but not void my warranty.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM

The dealer I work for did mine. I was the first and only to have it done there. Dennis, the head tech,now Service Manager did mine. I asked him because :
1.Friends for over 20 years and I trust him.
2. He has a race car that runs in the 10's and he knows what he is doing.
3. He is a certified master tech.
Now,keep in my mind that he never did one before me so as he did everything by the instructions, this was before we all knew about soldering the wires instead of crimping them. I had issues and once he soldered them, I have been issue free. Had they offered that new wire harness kit back then, it would have mafe life easier for all.
Name of the place is Curry Chevrolet in Scarsdale, NY. We are near Yonkers...about 15 minutes North of NYC. Shoot me a PM and I will ask Dennis for a price for you. Labor rate is $109.00 per hour so keep that in mind. Maybe he can offer you cheaper rate if I ask him.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Hey guys I just want to thank all of you for all your help/input in getting my kit installed. After a whole bunch of phone calls and showing up at dealers. I am in shock how hard it is to get this installed. Everyone is either afraid to get involved or wants to rip me off. I had someone tell me be prepared to leave your car here for 2 days and just so u know this will void your warranty. This is the opposite of what GM wanted from these cars and upgrades. This was suppose to attract younger buyers to the brand and take market share away from Import brands. This was way too hard. It just shows me how much work GM still needs to do.

This is why I have an appointment at Barton Birks in Newburgh 9am on Monday.

Thanks again especially to Noel who really went above and beyond for me.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pimphand
Hey guys I just want to thank all of you for all your help/input in getting my kit installed. After a whole bunch of phone calls and showing up at dealers. I am in shock how hard it is to get this installed. Everyone is either afraid to get involved or wants to rip me off. I had someone tell me be prepared to leave your car here for 2 days and just so u know this will void your warranty. This is the opposite of what GM wanted from these cars and upgrades. This was suppose to attract younger buyers to the brand and take market share away from Import brands. This was way too hard. It just shows me how much work GM still needs to do.

This is why I have an appointment at Barton Birks in Newburgh 9am on Monday.

Thanks again especially to Noel who really went above and beyond for me.
You are very welcome! Thankfully, I work for a Chevy dealer. If I didnt, I would have been afraid to bring my SS to a dealer for this kit. In my 24 years working for Chevy, I have not seen many GM dealers go out of their way for customers....especially performance mods. They love to scare potential money spenders away. GM as a company may have "changed" in theory.....but trust me, their dealer network (for the most part) still operates poorly. Again ,that is not saying they are all like that.....but most are.
But back to topic, glad you are getting the install done either way. Let us know how it goes and how you like it.