2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Exhaust problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 PM

Auto and manual there is like 1.325" difference in length of downpipe
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Ok I need someone to tell me how many hanger dose the axel back have. (Hahn's)
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 AM

Should be three. One mid body, one before the Axel, one after Axel.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Should be three. One mid body, one before the Axel, one after Axel.
Thanks but do u know how many are on just the axel back cause the stock has 3 hangers and my Hahn has just 2.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM

That's right, one before the muffler, one after.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 AM

Ok well that's one mistory down my mid pipe is banging now and I the axel back will not go to its right position. Huff
Old 07-25-2012, 11:41 AM

As stated by others, there is a difference between auto and manual. Appear you were sent the opposite of what you need.

This has happened to many vendors on these aftermarket exhaust setups. Between HHR/Cobalt and manual/auto.........when bending tubes, etc. the inch or two will add up in the long run of the exhaust.

Or if the vendor states there is no difference, they attempted to "split the difference" on the measurements so the product is universal, but will not fit any of them properly.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM

I'm working with the guy at Hahn now to resolve the fitment issue. Seems like it happens frequently.

For me, if the downpipes are different sizes, than the resonator pipe must also be different sizes to compensate (since the positioning of the hanger rods on the BODY would not change). If every pipe besides the downpipe stays the same, this means the longer downpipe will position the system too far back every time. I have this problem currently and it constantly shakes loose from the hangers mid-body and by the axle beam (and yes, the resonator delete pipe and rear section are flush in their clamp)

The Hahn system, however good it sounds, has hanger rods on it about an inch shorter than stock and no nipples to stop the rubber bits from falling off.

Also, the elimination of one hanger on the muffler allows more twist. The system would have less of a tendency to "swing" if there was the second rod on the passenger side of the muffler.

This is just my situation currently..hopefully it sheds light on any fitment problems.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by AJL08SS
I'm working with the guy at Hahn now to resolve the fitment issue. Seems like it happens frequently.

For me, if the downpipes are different sizes, than the resonator pipe must also be different sizes to compensate (since the positioning of the hanger rods on the BODY would not change). If every pipe besides the downpipe stays the same, this means the longer downpipe will position the system too far back every time. I have this problem currently and it constantly shakes loose from the hangers mid-body and by the axle beam (and yes, the resonator delete pipe and rear section are flush in their clamp)

The Hahn system, however good it sounds, has hanger rods on it about an inch shorter than stock and no nipples to stop the rubber bits from falling off.

Also, the elimination of one hanger on the muffler allows more twist. The system would have less of a tendency to "swing" if there was the second rod on the passenger side of the muffler.

This is just my situation currently..hopefully it sheds light on any fitment problems.
ok if ur working with them what are they going to do for the ppl that have came to them with the problem?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Finally measured and got their developer from Hahn on the phone. It was inconclusive.

I removed ~1" from the resonator pipe and my system fits fine now.

I highly doubt they will really do much about the problem. The only solution I was offered was that they would send new parts with return shipping documentation to send back the old one (if it was the wrong downpipe).

Even after giving them all of the pictures, I haven't heard a word since then. I wish I had a better answer...

Quick Reply: Exhaust problem!!!!