2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Getting my HHR dynod

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM

Getting my HHR dynod

Hello, if I were to get my SS dynod (LNF Upgrade + Automatic, no other current mods)

Does anyone have an idea of what I should dyno at. And if it comes in much lower than that, should I go see the dealer that installed my LNF upgrade? Because they seemed really uneasy about the install, and I'm wanting to know I got my money's worth out of it.

Thanks,
Travis
Old 11-08-2009, 10:59 PM

The numbers are controlled by the program not the install...if the install is incorrect you'l know soon enough as it wil not run correctly and throw codes.. and do a search on dynoing a auto.... if you don't disable the esc and trac control correctly you won't get a good run....
There are various postings here with numbers...
Old 11-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
The numbers are controlled by the program not the install...if the install is incorrect you'l know soon enough as it wil not run correctly and throw codes.. and do a search on dynoing a auto.... if you don't disable the esc and trac control correctly you won't get a good run....
There are various postings here with numbers...
Well I thought I saw something about the sensors being installed incorrectly/not working etc.

And I looked for numbers, but I guess I need to look harder.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Correct..if the sensors are installed incorrectly you will have issues... and codes. The main problem is with clearance between the one sensor and the IC tube. As the end torques over it makes contact and knocks it loose. But this is NOT common as there have been plenty that have not had this issue. Just have to make sure the sensors are mounted flat. If knocked loose the turbo will go flat.. another issue is with loose IC tube clamps and air leakage...again not common but has happened.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Correct..if the sensors are installed incorrectly you will have issues... and codes. The main problem is with clearance between the one sensor and the IC tube. As the end torques over it makes contact and knocks it loose. But this is NOT common as there have been plenty that have not had this issue. Just have to make sure the sensors are mounted flat. If knocked loose the turbo will go flat.. another issue is with loose IC tube clamps and air leakage...again not common but has happened.
Ahh ok, so I will be getting codes... Very good to know. I wasn't sure if I would notice anything besides reduced performance... And if they weren't properly installed from the beginning, then I wouldn't be able to have a baseline...

Thanks then! I'll go get my car dyno'd and post the results =D!

"if you don't disable the esc and trac control correctly you won't get a good run...."

When you say that, could I merely hold down the Launch Control button for 10 seconds, will that achieve the desired effect?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 PM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/gm-turbo-upgrade-dyno-results-20280/

I put the traction control in Launch Control on this pull.
232hp. and 244tq.
With the piggy-back HPTuners and straight pipe its in the 275 range.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Did you dyno?