2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:35 PM

Thank you guys!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 AM

Heres something to consider when deciding whether to get this kit or not...just try pricing some aftermarket parts to get this same kind of power increase...you can't match it,plus a warrenty to boot?Can't do that with aftermarket parts!The owners that really make out are the Auto owners..55hp in less then an hour..you could beat it with gas..but a small failure of a system component and you trashed the whole motor! You can go aftermarket tune..but pray you don't break anything. Some of us want a faster car,but a reliable one thats still covered.To some of us,this is our primary vehicle that payments are still being made on.We get the best of both worlds.It may not be the fastest,but it will still whoop on those unsuspecting!$100 a HP..try doing that with an exhaust..a cam change,,injector chg and related parts for the same amount of money.And NOT have to tear the vehicle apart to do it!
Damn..a hour and $650..can't beat it.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by XXL
Your car club buddies will need the MAP and TMAP sensors as well, and I don't believe you're going to be able to clone the flash using GM dig tools... as I (mis)understand it, the kit comes with a 'coupon' that the GM tech uses to connect to GM to download the actual flash bits. With the amount of 'security' they've put into that download process, I'd imagine they didn't forget to count the number of downloads against a single VIN.
I'm doing it for the sensors, but I agree they are going to match the kit coupon to a vin.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by CGYHHRSS

For fellow Canadians:

FWIW, I called the dealer I bought my SS from in the Spring, and said it would cost $910cdn+ tax+install, and he was giving me a deal as I bought the car there.

10 days shipping to get from the US.

I guess if its going to be $750US list, $160 for the Canadian preimum is reasonable (as in, what we're used to, not the fact that it really shouldn't cost much more then the exchange rate) given the exchange rate.

$35 shipping to Canada from Crateenginedepot brings it to $585+current exchange= $710 Canadian+tax...difference is $200.
I wonder what my GM discount will drop it to?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 AM

The GM discount didnt drop it much for me and Turbotech who is the GM guy thats doing mine, He's on here he didnt get much of a discount on ordering ours. Ours will be arriving on Monday according to the tracking info.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 AM

When is the kit for cobalt expected and what are the details on it?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Heres something to consider when deciding whether to get this kit or not...just try pricing some aftermarket parts to get this same kind of power increase...you can't match it,plus a warrenty to boot?Can't do that with aftermarket parts!The owners that really make out are the Auto owners..55hp in less then an hour..you could beat it with gas..but a small failure of a system component and you trashed the whole motor! You can go aftermarket tune..but pray you don't break anything. Some of us want a faster car,but a reliable one thats still covered.To some of us,this is our primary vehicle that payments are still being made on.We get the best of both worlds.It may not be the fastest,but it will still whoop on those unsuspecting!$100 a HP..try doing that with an exhaust..a cam change,,injector chg and related parts for the same amount of money.And NOT have to tear the vehicle apart to do it!
Damn..a hour and $650..can't beat it.

the only thing i see great about this kit is the fact you are getting the same hp as all the tune guys,hell maybe 5-10 more and you get a warranty. now do i regret the getting the hahn tune??? nope. all these tunes are the same pretty much. i'm still not convinced this tune can be combined with another tune to get more hp. i don't have a problem eating crow,but i don't see gm "letting" you add stuff to this,except for exhaust and ic kit,maybe.

on another note,i had a srt when they first came out and was one of the first 100 people or so who purchased the stage 1 kit. i put my own kit on,but some people let the dealer do it for warranty and later still had problems down the line with them honoring it. one person was told that because he added after market parts he voided his warranty he had the basics(cai,exhaust,blow off valve,boost controller,ic upgrade.) i would double check to make sure you are still covered with the aftermarket. changing the exhaust out isn't so bad. taking that damn ic out will not be fun lol.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by mightymouse
i'm still not convinced this tune can be combined with another tune to get more hp. i don't have a problem eating crow,but i don't see gm "letting" you add stuff to this,except for exhaust and ic kit,maybe.
GM isn't "letting" us add stuff to the stock calibration either. It has been reverse engineered to understand how the parameters work, and then those parameters have been used to eek out additional performance. There's nothing magical about the new tune... it'll just have to be reverse engineered. However, the value of the new tune for many is that it utilizes a calibraded change to the MAP and TMAP sensors, such that readings beyond 255kPa are possible. On the original tune, that was a hard limit. On the new tune, 300kPa is the hard limit. That means we can turn up the boost to around 29# before we hit the hard limit again. And, with those of us working on turbo upgrades, 29# of GT30 is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more air than 29# from the stock K03. Look for 400+ whp from a bone stock motor with a GT30, bigger sensors (and GM stage tune to support the sensors), and some tuning via HPT or other self-service interface.

Be happy with your BSR tune... it sounds like you are. But there's no rational basis for poo-pooing the _real_ value of the GM Stage kit, which has nothing to do with warranty.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
I wonder what my GM discount will drop it to?
Whatever it is, ask for a quote for 2 of them...
Old 12-14-2008, 05:47 PM

This sounds like a great deal. From what I got from it is even if you add a larger exhaust system, you won't gain anymore power than this Stage 1 kit adds? Let me know if this is correct.

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit