2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Make double sure they know to trim the tab on the lower T-map sensor.

Also hope you got the plug-in harness. Don't take the risk of the old splice-in style connectors.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BAD1200XL
Have them use good connectors or solder wires. Watch clearance at a/c compressor. Make sure they load correct program. What else do you want to know?
I read something about a bracket to keep the wires from rubbing? Is there a picture of this bracket so I can take it with me to the dealership?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Make double sure they know to trim the tab on the lower T-map sensor.

Also hope you got the plug-in harness. Don't take the risk of the old splice-in style connectors.
Going to order the plug in harness from CED. I'm not getting the kit installed until the first week of January.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by BAD1200XL
Have them use good connectors or solder wires. Watch clearance at a/c compressor. Make sure they load correct program. What else do you want to know?
YES TO ALL THE ABOVE. If the wires are not soldered YOU WILL have problems. I just fought them for a year.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hotrodbob
YES TO ALL THE ABOVE. If the wires are not soldered YOU WILL have problems. I just fought them for a year.
I'm going to go with the plug in harness from CED so I won't have to worry about all the connection issues, hopefully.

Thanks for the all the info guys.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 PM

Well so far have had the GMTU for about 6 months now and havnt had any problems no codes no nothing. Chevy of montebello did a great job. :) love the power.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Hi not trying to hi-jack anyone's thread, but I just purchased a 2010 ss model and am having the check engine light come and go, on and off every day or so. After rading these threads about boost numbers and such , I have concluded that my car has the GM up grade installed. Under hard throttleI. I can see 26 or 27 lbs. Of
boost. My conclusion. Is I Definitely have a wireing connection problem. The plug an play harness you mention, what is the best source for obtaining one?
Thanks for any suggestions. I am a new by to your forum but am learning a lot about our HHRss trucks. Thanks. BILL
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Yes it sounds like you have the upgrade.

The Create Engine Depot has the plug and play harness already but if you already have the install they have already cut the factory plugs off and they will not work.

First off you need to check to see what the light is coming on for. It should set a hard code that should be able to be read. Just because you have the upgrade does not mean it is at fault.

Also you do not have to solder the wires if the crimped wire connectors are done right. They take a Kent Moore tool to install and I get the feeling some dealer techs are not using the proper tool and creating this issue. Note that many of us were installed with the correct tools and never have had a connection issue.

If for some reason you ever do get them soldered make sure to put shrink sleeves on it. Solder is not recommended to be used if it is unsupported as over time the solder can fracture and break loosing your connection. I expect with higher miles some of the solder cars will have repeat issues.

The plug and play is the way to go if you are installing new but for now If you already have the new plugs spliced they do you little good.

Keep in mind most installs never have issues and while you may see some here these for the most are the ones that have had issues out of the many that did not. No one complains if it is working.

Do get the light checked at it could be many other issues and unrelated to the upgrade.
I am not sure if you are reading the boost correct as it is rare anyone sees boost that high. Often it has to be at sea level or lower under the right conditions. Most see 21-24 PSI in most areas in most weather conditions. You may have a over boost condition and that could also set a light.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

I agree with hyper on this. As for the 26-27 lbs boost,you may have an aftermarket tune on top of the GMTU. That could account for the extra lbs.
You still need to have the code checked. Post the trouble code number and the good folks here can point you in the right direction to figure it out.
(wouldn't hurt to start your own thread when you get the code)
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=hyperv6;691338]
Keep in mind most installs never have issues and while you may see some here these for the most are the ones that have had issues out of the many that did not. No one complains if it is working.
QUOTE]

Hyper's right, I had one of the 1st GMPP installs, with the crimped wires (never soldered), and I've not had any issues... Not that I'm complaining

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit