2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

gmpp turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM

gmpp turbo upgrade

i am getting the gmpp turbo upgrade put in today and the dealer couldnt finish the car in a day they told me they have to pull out the radiator to in stall and that it is going to cost about 200 dollars for install. this doesnt sound right to me has anyone else come into this problem?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 PM

rip off, nothing says the radiator has to come out

tell them to look at the friggin instruction sheet
Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM

i went to look at it, the sensors are in and wired up and i had to show the tech how to work on the car wtf. are the new qualificatons to be a chevy tech being a dumb ass. i dont think i will ever by a new chevy ever again. i have had nothing but problems with the car.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JJ's BLACK SS
i went to look at it, the sensors are in and wired up and i had to show the tech how to work on the car wtf. are the new qualificatons to be a chevy tech being a dumb ass. i dont think i will ever by a new chevy ever again. i have had nothing but problems with the car.
Looks like you bought you car at the wrong place....
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Sounds like you have problems with the dealer. I interviewed all of the dealers within the proximity of my house when looking to get my kit installed. The one that gave me the firm fixed price, not to mention that they had the experience, got my business.

The day I got my ST1 installed, I told them that I'd wait for the car. It was in at 8:30 AM and out at 10:45AM and charged me the 2hrs labor that was quoted before the work was started.

The only problem that I incurred was that I left the installation manual there. The dealer mailed it to me for free.

Again, you need to know your dealer's capabilities, or at least assess them as best as you can. They're just people.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 PM

i am getting the gmpp turbo upgrade put in today and the dealer couldnt finish the car in a day they told me they have to pull out the radiator to in stall and that it is going to cost about 200 dollars for install. this doesnt sound right to me has anyone else come into this problem?
The dealer I used, the tech loosen the radiator also. He said it made it easier to install. They charged me for 2.5 hrs of labor.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:20 AM

What a bunch of dummies....I got mine installed in 1 hour....My radiator didnt have to be removed or even loosened up....I'm thinking the same thing no more GM vehicles for me as well.....

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 06-25-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: admin edit
Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 AM

The install procedure calls for the removal of the Charge Air Cooler Out let tube that has the TMAP sensor intalled in it. In the service manual the proper procedure spelled out has the upper radiator support being remove to tilt the radiator for access to remove the tube.

This dealer sounds like a very good, thorough dealer that studies what needs to be done ahead of time. The kit suggests a 2 hour install at $100/hr that is $200.

I have personally watched a mechanic intalling the kit "by the Book" which included the radiator support removal and tilting the radiator. With the calibration down load it took him 1 hour 45 minutes (that is what set the 2 hour suggested time). I have also seen a mechanic using his "own" procudre do the install in an hour.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 PM

the dealer is still not done with the car this is going on day two they are telling me they are waiting on chevy for the download.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Founding Member

the dealer is still not done with the car this is going on day two they are telling me they are waiting on chevy for the download.
Bummer on the 2 day install. This stuff happens. First time for anything is sometimes tough.

All techs are not created equal. I have one tech who has done 2 installs which took 3 hours on the first and 2.5 on the second. I have another tech who has done 2 installs which took 2 hours on the first and 1 hour and 50 minutes on the second. We charge $160 and pay the tech 2.0 hours.

Quick Reply: gmpp turbo upgrade