2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Help with Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Question Help with Stage 1

Hi All!!
This is my first post. I got my 2008 SS 2 months ago and I love it. I had the dealer do the brake fix and also had him do the stage 1 kit at same time. Well brakes work real good BUT the check engine light came on after I picked up the SS. Took it back to them. They said that there is a bad sensor. So Took it back in last week. And they ordered another kit for the new sensor. That's when they found out that the sensor is hitting the lower radiator bracket. They called GM tech line, and they were told that it's a know problem and that there is a new cold side pipe that will fix it. But now the pipe is on back order.Has anyone had this problem other than me?? Sorry for the long post. But I've been banging my head against the wall.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by smuggler691
Hi All!!
This is my first post. I got my 2008 SS 2 months ago and I love it. I had the dealer do the brake fix and also had him do the stage 1 kit at same time. Well brakes work real good BUT the check engine light came on after I picked up the SS. Took it back to them. They said that there is a bad sensor. So Took it back in last week. And they ordered another kit for the new sensor. That's when they found out that the sensor is hitting the lower radiator bracket. They called GM tech line, and they were told that it's a know problem and that there is a new cold side pipe that will fix it. But now the pipe is on back order.Has anyone had this problem other than me?? Sorry for the long post. But I've been banging my head against the wall.
GM tech line is wrong. There was an issue with it hitting the bracket. All they had to do is move it a tad away
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM

I think it's the A/C line that could be reshape to move it far enough away so that there is no contact. 6 Months installed and I don't have that problem.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Fix fo A/C line contact

Originally Posted by smuggler691
Hi All!!

Loosen the intercooler tube and push it all the way froward onto the intercooler. If that does not fix the contact, space the intercooler forward using washers or a spacer at the intercooler support bracket.

There is not a new tube to "fix" this problem.

What code(s) were set?